Friday, December 10th

Kara is up all night. Yesterday evening she drank one cup of coffee with Lena. And ever since then she has been a bouncing ball. 

It's currently five am and after watching two movies, reading a book, and taking a walk in the backyard Kara is still not tired. 

Kara stares at Lena sleeping on the guest bed. Her hair fell around on her pillow. Lena looks really peaceful when Kara is still up. 

A few minutes later Lena starts to wake up. Kara quickly brushes her hair back in a somewhat okay form and makes sure her pajama is looking okay. Not thinking about the fact Lena had seen Kara a lot less 'okay'. 

Lena mumbles and rubs in her eyes as she has to get used to the lights. 

'What are you doing up?' Lena says as she still squints her eyes trying to get used to the amount of light. 

'Too much caffeine.' Kara sighs. 

'Have you slept at all?' Lena asks. 

'Nope.' 

'Well, then what have you done?' 

'I took a walk in the backyard, watched two movies, and read a book.' And gazed to you Kara thinks by herself but of course, she does not say that out loud. 

'What book have you read?' Lena asks out of curiosity pointing to the big pile of books in her room. 

'I don't know. It was one of your not Irish books.' Kara says as she grabs the book. 

Lena gets all nerdy and over-hyped about a book In a few seconds. She starts to ramble about what was in it and her favorite parts. Kara gets lost in Lena's eyes (and her difficult words) and just nods to what Lena is saying. 

After a few minutes, Kara is back to earth and hears actually what Lena is talking about and she talks along about the book. 

'Should we answer today's question already?' Kara asks. I mean, we are awake and we don't really have anything better to do. 'Unless you want to go back to sleep.' 

'Nah sleep is for losers.' Lena shrugs. 

'But to answer your question, of course. Do you have the booklet?' 

Kara hums in response as she walks over to her school backpack to pull the booklet out of it. 

'What is the first thing you think when you see a homeless person?' the question says.

'I think about what the people must be going through. Most of the time they can't fully help it. And I see if I can do anything for them. Last time when I was going to the grocery store in Dublin I saw a homeless person and asked if I could buy a little something for her. The woman asked if she could have a good sandwich. That's what I bought for her.' 

'You are so nice Lena! I mostly am just afraid. That's because there was a group of homeless people near the village for a long time and they were just screaming all the time. And they were clearly very drunk.' Kara says 

'I get that. Maybe we can look if we can do a random act of kindness for them?' Lena proposes. 

'Maybe... we'll see.' Kara says insecure. 

-

'That's a nice blouse!' Kara comments when Lena walks into Kara's room all dressed up for school. 

'Thank you. Purple is the color today!' Lena smiles. 

'You have color schemes for your clothes every day?' Kara asks with a frown on her face. 

'No, silly. I don't. It's just that today it's purple Friday.'

'What's purple Friday?' Kara asks. 

'Well, it's a project that started. It's a thing at my school. It's started to get more attention for the LGBT+ community. You just have to wear purple.'

'Ahh it's so cool you're doing that. People from that community must think it's very nice to feel seen.' 

'I think it's very nice myself. I count myself under the LGBT+ community.' Lena says shyly. 

'Oh really, what do you identify as? And what are your pronouns?' Kara asks. 'You don't have to tell me if you don't want to!'

Lena's eyes widen if she hears everything that Kara is asking her about. Most people don't even know what pronouns are. 

'Yes, I want to tell you. You are actually the second person I'm telling this and I'm pretty scared.' Lena whispers as she looks at Kara's wall. 

'As I said, you don't have to say anything!' Kara repeats. 

'I want to.' Lena says as she sighs. 

'I'm a lesbian. Ans I have the pronouns she/her.' Lena quickly rambles. 

'That's okay. It's cool. You don't have anything to worry about.' Kara says as she puts her hand in front of Lena. 

She sees Lena having a bit of a tough time. Lena herself doesn't even think and wraps Kara in a warm hug. Silently they hug for a little time. 

'Thank you for being here for me.' Lena says. 

'Of course.' 'And I don't want to rush you but we do need to hurry now to catch the bus.' Kara says. 

'Oh right!' Lena says while sprinting down the stairs. 

'I'll be right down!' Kara yells as she tries to find something purple in her closet. Lucky for her she finds a purple checkered blouse. She also puts in purple earrings real quick. Anything to show her support to Lena.

When Kara catches up Lena is already halfway on her walk to the bus stop. 

'Sorry- I'm- late.' Kara pants. 

'Why are you late?' Lena asks as she turns her head to Kara to see Kara wearing purple. The blond girl only stands in front of Lena and smiles. 

'Thanks.' Lena says when smiling from ear to ear. 

When arriving at school Lena notices a few other students are wearing purple. Someone wearing purple is Kara's good friend Nia. 

'Hey, Nia!' Kara yells as she hugs her best friend. 

'Are you also joining the purple Friday?' 

Nia gets red cheeks and clearly becomes shy. 'Yes, I am. You too?' 

'Of course. I will always show my support.' Kara says as she winks at Lena. 

'Are you showing support or being part of LGBT+?' Nia asks Lena. 

'Being part of it. I'm into the lipstick flag.' Lena smiles. 

Nia understands the language they are speaking now. 'I'm into the blue-pink-white flag.' Nia says proudly. 

Kara is mostly confused about the language her friends are speaking but just laughs about it. This is going to be a great day! Kara thinks by herself.

A/N: Hii, My day has been sooo crazy... It was actually purple Friday in my country. So I wore something purple but I was like the only one lol. I also passed my theory drivers exam!!!!!! YAYYYYY! And I got a job starting the moment I graduate. I'm so happy :))))))