Friday, December 17th

It's the middle of the night but Lena is still awake. She hasn't slept even a bit. She is overthinking the fact she likes Kara. 

On the other hand, she wants Kara to tell how she's feeling. But she doesn't want to have awkwardness for a lot more time now that she is staying with Kara. 

She also doesn't know if Kara is even into girls. Well, on the other hand, that doesn't even matter. Kara just has to be into her.

It's sometime later at 4 am when Lena decides she has driven herself crazy enough. She grabs her phone and calls Sam. 

Sam accepts the call. 'The hell are you calling me for at 4 am?' Sam groans.

'Well, I just need some advice.' Lena whispers. 

'Love trouble?' Sam asks when coming to her senses. 

'Yes. I really want to tell Kara how I feel. But if she doesn't feel the same way and I have to see her for one more month I'm screwed.' 

Sam starts thinking. 'I'll just come to sit with you at school tomorrow and watch how she interacts with you. I'm pretty sure I can tell you if you have a chance.' 

'That will be truly amazing. You're the best.' Lena says

'Okay, now go to sleep. C ya tomorrow.' Sam says.

Before Lena can say anything else Sam disconnects the line. Luckily Lena is more relaxed now and falls asleep after half an hour. 

When Kara and Lena arrive at school Lena quickly texts Sam about where they are sitting at the break. Lena is nervous about today. Just about the fact if Sam thinks she has a chance with Kara. That's hard to estimate. 

When the break comes Lena is already sitting at the table with Winn, Nia, and of course Kara. Sam pretends like she is passing by all nonchalant and sees Lena. Sam joins the group together with the student she stays with named 'Blake'. Sam starts talking with Lena and in the meantime is paying attention to Kara. Kara does nod once in a while but is glancing at Lena and probably listening to the conversation with Sam. 

Kara isn't paying attention to anything Winn is telling about science camp. She does nod but looks at Lena mostly.

School is over. Kara and Lena ride home on their bikes. By this time Lena is luckily used to riding her bike and going up and down the hill. 

Kara is very glad it's the weekend. No more school and full-time spending the time with her good friend Lena. 

At the bike racks, Lena quickly checks her phone. 

Sam: Do it! Tell her. 
Sam: She's gay for you. Trust me. 
Lena: Do you know for sure? 
Sam: If you could see the way she looks at you without swallowing butterflies with every gasp of air you could see her staring at you often. 

When they arrive home Kara takes Lena's jacket again. And they sit down on the couch with a glass of water to take a little rest from the bike riding. 

'What are we gonna do?' Lena asks. 

Kara doesn't answer. She is just staring at Lena. 

'Earth to Kara...' Lena says while waving her hand in front of Kara's face. 

'What are we gonna do?' Lena repeats her question. 

'Maybe we can decorate my room a little bit more Christmassy. It's pretty boring how it is now.' Kara says. 

'That sounds like fun. Let's do that.' Lena says as she follows Kara to grab the decorations. 

'Do you decorate a lot in your house?' Kara asks.