Wednesday, December 1st

The exchange students arrive on the airplane. Kara is curious and very nervous to meet the exchange student she has to accompany. 

Lena sits on the plane with her best friend next to her. This trip is exciting but at the same time very terrifying for both of the girls. Sam but also Lena has never left Ireland and they will be away a month from home. 

The plane is still flying. It's 1 am at their place of arrival and there is one hour left on this flight Lena is reading a book and next to her is Sam sleeping. 

The food has already been served. Lena got the chicken but it tastes like rubber gloves so she will just starve herself until she gets off the plane. 

Moments later Sam wakes up. 

'Hello, sleepy head.' Lena says in a cheerful tone. 

Sam groans as a response. 'Are we there yet?' 

'No.' Lena says. 

'Are you excited to see Blake again?' Lena asks. 

'Yeah, but I'm kinda nervous, the last time I messed the pronouns up like a lot of times. And they understood but it still felt weird.' Sam says. 

'I understand that.'

'Are you excited?' Sam asks. 

'No, I'm nervous since Oliver got kicked out of school. The school said that they were going to send me information about where they placed me but I didn't get anything.' 

'Really? You still didn't get any information? That must be terrifying.' 

'Yeah. It is. I'm really nervous.' 

Their conversation is interrupted by the intercom on the airplane. 

*Dear passengers we are earlier than expected arriving at Garland Airport. Please put on your seatbelt and remain seated until we are on the ground*

The airplane lands safely. While Lena and Sam are talking about some Irish books they leave the plane and get ready to see the American students. 

The bags start coming pretty soon. Sam gets their suitcases from the baggage claim.

Sam hands Lena her suitcase. 'Good luck.' Sam says. 'Thank you, you too.' Lena says back. The two best friends smile at each other before they break apart. 

Sam runs immediately towards Blake as soon as she sees them. 

Lena looks kinda lost until she spots one of her teachers. Lena walks toward him. 'Hey, can I ask you something?' Lena asks. 

The teacher looks really annoyed. 'Ní cheadaítear sin.' He snaps back to Lena. 'Teacht ar ais i gceann deich nóiméad.' he also says. 

Lena rolls her eyes and walks away. She kinda forgot that the teacher she asked gives the subject Irish. He sounded pretty annoyed but Lena is planning on coming back to him in like ten minutes. 

Lena looks around and spots a Starbucks. It's pretty busy in there but she wants coffee so badly because this jetlag is going to be the death of her. 

'One large black coffee please.' She orders. 

The barista hands her the coffee. And Lena thanks her. In the meantime, Lena looks around to look for a place to sit. Since it's very crowded that's hard. 

In the corner of her eye, Lena spots one empty chair. She walks over to it and looks at the young woman who is sitting on the other chair. 

'Hi, would you mind if I sit here?' Lena asks the girl sitting at the table.