Monday, December 13th

It's morning when Lena unlocks her phone. She's earlier awake than Kara once again. 

'six unseen messages' it says.

Lena taps on the first message from her mother. She knows it's a special date today but Lena doesn't like 'December 13ths' like not at all. The best thing to do with December 13ths is just wait until they go away.

Lillian:
-congrats on your birthday

Lena sighs as she reads the text of her mother. This is so typical. Her mother just doesn't show any emotions. Like ever.

Bald Brother:
-Hey sis happy 17th birthday.

She rolls her eyes as she reads the message from her brother. Seriously he is only two years older but he doesn't even know my age? She thinks by herself.

Sam:
- Leeeeeee. Happy 19th birthday!
- As soon as we are back in Ireland we are gonna get drunk together. And you still get a present when we are back in Ireland.
- Love you xxxx

Lena giggles as she reads the text from her best friend. This is such a typical 'Sam thing' to say.

Jolien: Dear Lena happy 19th

When she reads the text from the fourth person she frowns. Jolien, where do I know that person from? After a minute or two of thinking, Lena realizes that Jolien is a girl from her class. Lena has no idea how she knows it's her birthday since the only people Lena has ever told her birthday to are her mother, brother, and Sam.

Lena responds to all the messages with the same answer. 'Thanks.'

Except Sam's response is different. 'I could definitely use a drink.'

Luckily Kara and her family don't know it's her birthday today so that's pretty easy. Lena just has to pretend that nothing is happening. And there isn't really anything changing well except that one number in her age.

'Morning.' Lena hears Kara mumble beside her.

Lena startles as Kara wakes up. Lena deletes all the birthday messages in her phone and locks it.

'Goodmorning.' Lena says back as nothing happened. 

'Are you ready for your science test today?' Lena asks. 

Kara groans. 'I hope so. But with your help, I'm sure I am.' 

'Well, what about a good breakfast? I could smell the bacon and eggs Eliza is making from here.' 

Kara pops up. 'Yeah! Let's go.' 

'I'm just gonna get dressed!' Lena yells while Kara has already arrived downstairs. 

When Lena arrives downstairs all dressed in her purple blouse and light blue pants she sees Kara sleeping on her science books. Alex is beside her and is sipping her coffee. 

'Morning.' Lena calls out as she passes Alex. 

'Morning. What's up with her?' Alex asks as she points to Kara, still sleeping with now drool coming out of her mouth. 

'I don't know. I guess stress for the science test?'

'Oh right.. you helped her right?' 

'Yes, I did. I hope it helped. We will see after today.' Lena shrugs. 

There is an uncomfortable silence between the girls. 

'Lena, I want to ask something. I have someone I know working at the FBI. And they are currently watching out for Lex Luthor. Is he family?' 

Lena sighs. 'Yes, he's my psychopath brother. Two years older than me. Haven't seen or heard of him for quite some time.' Lena lies. She has heard of him last morning and seen him last for like one month ago. But she knows that if she says she has heard from him she will be in more trouble. 

'Okay. I just wanted to check. Only to protect my little sister. Not from you but the world. Because if anyone touches her. That person is dead!' Alex sputters threatening. 

Lena laughs. 'Sure. I'll watch out. But first I have to wake her up.' she says as she gets up from her chair and sips away her last sip of coffee. 

'Can I wake her up?' Alex asks.

Lena shrugs. 'Sure. Go on.' 

Alex stands up, walks, and stands beside Kara. She counts down on her three fingers and yells 'FRESH PANCAKES' 

Kara immediately shoots up and asks 'where?' 

Lena and Alex burst out in laughter and give each other a high five. This was the best way to wake Kara. 

'Come on Kar, we need to catch the bus.' Lena says as she grabs an apple for Kara and herself and opens the door. 

Kara groans. 'You are gonna hear from my attorney.' she screams while pointing to Alex and shutting the door. Lena is still snickering. 'Shut up.' Kara says trying not to laugh herself. 

On the bus, Lena helps Kara study a bit more. 

Kara walks into the school while being very nervous. Before walking into class Lena pulls her sleeve. 'Wait.' she says before she embraces the blonde girl in a hug. 'Good luck. You can do this.' Lena whispers in Kara's ear. 

The girls let go and Kara smiles at Lena. 

'And this is my lucky charm. I'm sure it will bring you luck too.' Lena says as she hands a charm in the shape of clover to Kara. 

'Thank you Lena.' she says. Kara walks into the classroom. Lena makes her way to the study room and starts doodling in her journal. She draws a big hand with fingers crossed and yellow clovers around it. 

Kara comes back a little time later. 'How did it go?' Lena asks. 

'It was okay. I just hope I got the B I need to get otherwise I won't survive.' 

Lena nods understandingly. 'Want to answer today's question before heading off to math?' 

'Yes, that will be fine.' 

Lena grabs the booklet from her backpack and starts reading. 'Question of the day: If you had to choose, would you rather be too hot or too cold?' 

'Too hot! Because I annoy myself if I'm cold.' Kara states. Lena shortly writes down the answer and then starts to talk. 

'I'd rather be too cold because I feel like you can do more to get hot again.' 

'Okay, that's a very good point. Can I change my answer?' Kara asks grinning. 

'No, you can't. But thanks for saying I have a point.' 

The rest of the day Kara is nervous about her test results. The teacher promised to get the results ready after school. In all the classes she is tapping on the table or clicking with a pen. It drives Lena a little crazy but she calms Kara down by putting her hand on her friend's arm now and then. 

Finally, it's the moment Kara waited for. She walks into the science classroom very nervous. Lena is waiting outside. 

'Kara.' The teacher starts. 'You got a... B.' The teacher continues while giving Kara the paper. 

'THANK YOU!!!' Kara screams. She bet Lena can already hear it. 

Proudly Kara walks outside with a big smile on her face. 'LENA I GOT A B!!!!' She screams while running to Lena and hugging her. Lena is surprised by the sudden hug but relaxes into it as soon as she smells Kara's vanilla and strawberry smell. 'Your charm brought me luck, you brought me luck. Thank you, thank you, thank you.' Kara squeals. 

Lena thinks about the fact she is so happy because Kara passed the test. 'Happy birthday to me.' She thinks proudly. 

A/N: Did I purposely choose to let Lena have the same birthday date as Taylor Swift? Yeah, I did...