Thursday, December 23th

Lena and Kara are both a bit nervous. That's because today is the day of prom. Lena has never been to a prom because it's not a thing in Ireland. Kara has been to prom but it was only with Nia and Winn. 

But first, they need to get through the day of school. They are now stuck in an hour of study time because the teacher called in sick. 

'We have four questions to answer.' 

'Ugh... I'm so done with these questions.' Lena says. 

'We know each other from the outside and inside and we learn more about each other every day. Even without these questions.' Lena groans.

'True. But you have to admit these questions were a good idea at the start because otherwise we probably still wouldn't talk to each other.' 

Lena laughs. 'Probably.' 

'First question: What do you think people pretend to like when they don't?' Kara reads.

'I think it's like humans to think that. And it's not necessarily a bad thing. I do it too. Everyone does it. But I think we can allow ourselves to be more open.' Lena says.

'Wow, that's true. I agree with you on this one.' Kara says. 

'Next question: What does nobody want to talk about, but really should?'

'Now you start.' Lena says. 

'Wel to start with being more open about different sexualities. But I also think menstruation is a very important subject because it's a really hard time for some girls every month. I think it would just make it easier to talk about it.' Kara says. 

'Now I agree with you. But I want to add the fact of talking about money. Because if you don't have a lot you are being judged but if you have too much you will get judged too. 

'Okay so, If you could have any person become a member of your family, who would you choose?' Kara reads. 

Lena answers first. 'You. But it would more like it to have it turn around. I want to be part of your family.' 

Kara instantly starts smiling. Lena is too. 'Yes, I would want you to become a Danvers someday.' Kara says. Lena kisses Kara on the cheek and she gets all red. 

'Last question: What did you think of the questions?' 

'It was good to get to know each other but it was becoming annoying towards the end because we would just talk anyway.' Lena says. 

-

Kara and Lena finished school now. Lena grabs the key and unlocks the bike in the bike rack. 

'What are you wearing tonight?' Lena asks. 

'Hmm... I don't know. I think I have one dress I like, still sitting in my closet.' 

Lena shakes her head. 'No way you are going to prom in something that you already have. We are going shopping!' 

'Lee, no offense. But I don't have any money and it's pretty busy at this time of year in all the stores.' 

'Come on honey, I know you will like it eventually.' Lena says. 

Kara smiles a bit. 'Okay then. Only for you.' she says. 

Kara and Lena ride their bike to the village square. Kara knows exactly what store would probably have cute dresses. But when they arrive there it is full of students from their high school searching last-minute for cute outfits. 

With her head low Kara walks through the village. Lena spots another store at the end of the square. They go inside and it is empty. The employee is looking sad but it clears up when he sees Kara and Lena. 

'Good afternoon, can I help you, girls?' the man asks. 

'Yes, please. We are searching for outfits for prom tonight.' Lena says. 

The man smiles. 'That's amazing! Do you have cute dates?' 

'Yes!' Kara says happily as she points to Lena. 'She's my date.' 

The man looks surprised for a second. 'Of course. Sorry, I didn't think of that. Most time friends go shopping together. That's why I look so surprised.' 

'No problem.' Lena says. 

'We do want to keep it a surprise for each other so can you help us separately?' Lena asks. 

The man nods. 'No problem. Let's start with you. He says as he points to Lena.' 

In the meantime, Kara sits down somewhere further so she doesn't see what Lena is bout to pick. She is curious about how prom is going to be tonight. 

Kara picks up when she sees Winn is calling her. 'Heyyyy...' Kara says enthusiastically. 

'So Kar, little question. How are you gonna arrive in style?' Winn asks. 

'What do you mean?' Kara asks. 

She's a little surprised to hear Nia's voice. 'Kar, you're so dumb and in love. Have you read the invitations?' 

'Yes, but not good enough apparently.' 

'We have to arrive with something on wheels.' Nia says. 

'WHAT? How the hair clips am I going to fix something like that?' 

'Yes, that's our problem too.' Winn sighs. 

'That's bad, well thanks for the heads up. I will start looking for something for me and Lena.' Kara says as she hangs up on her friends.

While Lena looks for her dress Kara tries to fix something. But after an hour she realizes she still has something at home. That will help her. 

An hour and a half later the girlfriends walk out of the store with the dresses in their bags. Kara was not looking forward to buying the dress but she loves the dress so much she's just too excited about it now. Lena paid for everything (and tipped 200 dollars) Kara was just surprised about Lena spent so much money. 

But now back to home. Kara is getting dressed in her bedroom and Lena in the bathroom. An hour later they are all ready to go. First Lena walks down the stairs. She had a gorgeous dark green dress with a lot of accent on her boobs. She knows Kara will like it. 

Kara is about to walk downstairs in her blue dress. It matches perfectly with her eyes (and make-up). 

Lena's mouth drops open when she sees Kara walking down her stairs. Kara is her girlfriend. And Kara is perfect. Kara gapes when she sees Lena with her revealing but still appropriate dress. 

'You, I mean, wow, stunning.' Those were Kara's exact words. 

Eliza takes photos of Kara and Lena and drives them to the prom. Although the last bit, they have to go themselves. Kara got her and Alex's rollerskates from when they were younger. That's how they are gonna arrive at the prom. On wheels, in style. 

Lena has a bit of trouble with the rollerskates at first but gets used to them soon enough. Together they skate into the prom area. They get lots of looks and whispers but they don't really care. 

Before going onto the dancefloor they make sure to put the skates in Kara's locker and just put on their own shoes. Otherwise dancing would get a bit shaky. 

Kara and Lena spent the whole night sipping punch, talking to Winn and Nia, taking pictures of each other and in the photo booth, dancing, and of course a lot of kissing. They have the best time. But when they get home they are really tired and fall fast asleep. 

A/N: Hi, Here is the cute winter prom chapter. Sorry, I didn't write the whole prom part but I have no idea how that is because I live in the Netherlands and prom doesn't exist here. I tried my best. Goodnight ;)