Tuesday, December 28th

Lena wakes up and she sees Kara sleeping peacefully beside her. The brunette didn't sleep well. The biggest part of the night she was awake worrying but also being excited about the fact she bought an apartment. 

It's six am and she stumbles downstairs. She expects everyone else to be still asleep but sees Alex eating toast while watching a movie at the table. 

Alex looks up when she notices Lena walking into the living room. She pauses the movie and looks at Lena. 'What the hell are you doing up so early?' Alex asks. 

Lena sits down. 'I could ask you the same thing.' 

'Seriously, spill the tea. Is it something related to Kara?' Alex asks. 

Lena sighs. 'Okay, I'm going to tell you something but you have to promise me you CAN'T tell anyone. Especially not Kara.' 

Alex nods. 'I promise! Now tell me.' she asks curiously. 

'I bought an apartment.' Lena says. 

Alex her eyes widen. 'Really? Where? How? What the-?' 

Lena chuckles. 'I'll explain anything. Just listen.' 

Alex nods with her mouth still hanging open 

'I just feel welcome and at home here. My adoptive mother and brother are basically psychopaths and rarely around. That's why I want to stay here. Since yesterday I was looking for apartments in Wellom or Westmond. When Eliza needed help from Kara I rode her bike to one of the apartments. This one is in Wellom. It was very pretty so I bought it.' Lena says. 

'You're crazy!' Alex says. 'You seriously just bought an apartment on the other side of the world than your normal home?' 

Lena nods. 'Yes, I did. And partly I'm excited but I'm also scared.' 

'Why can't Kara know?'

'I have to fly back home because of those damn terms and conditions I signed for. But I will mail my stuff partly to here and the other part will be my luggage. I'm gonna try to be back by new years eve and then surprise Kara if everything works out.' Lena says. 

'And why wouldn't everything work out?' Alex frowns. 

'My family will probably try to stop me.' Lena sighs. 'But everything will hopefully be okay in the end.' she adds. 

'Okay, I hope it will. But can you show me pictures of the apartment?' 

Lena nods while smiling all excited. She grabs her phone and shows Alex pictures. 

'Look, this is it. It has two bedrooms, a quite big living room, a little kitchen, and a bathroom. It's on the third floor. On the one side of the windows, you can see the park, and on the other side the shopping street.' 

Alex her mouth drops open. 'How much did you pay for this? How did you get this beautiful place?' 

Lena shrugs. 'My mom has a lot of money, and I can spend anything I want.' 

'Can I ask you something?' Lena continues. 

'Sure.' Alex says when still looking at the pictures and chewing on her toast. 

'Can I keep you updated about when I'm coming back? This way you can prepare Eliza and help me surprise Kara.' Lena asks. 

'Of course. I just love how much you and Kara care for each other. And I would like to have you around more.' 

'Thank you. Me too' Lena says as she stands up and hugs Alex before walking over to the coffee machine and making herself a cup of black coffee. 

While eating breakfast Lena is looking for stuff for her apartment. She sees beautiful things. In an hour she orders almost everything online. Now and then she asks Alex her opinion. She sets the delivery date for January 5th. This way she knows she is going to be there.