Thursday, December 30th

Lena wakes up. She notices it's 10 am already. But because of the jetlag, it still feels like the middle of the night. She jumps up and dresses. 

Today will be a busy day because Lena will pack everything she wants to have in her new home. She will not pack everything she has because that will be too much to ship. Besides she is not planning on shipping her furniture. That's because she just mostly ordered new, way cooler things, online. And also because shipping overseas is really expensive and it takes a long time to arrive. 

Before going downstairs to make some breakfast. (Or see if there even is anything for breakfast.) She looks at the time difference. Between Westmond and Ireland, there is a seven-hour time difference. That means Kara is probably still asleep. 

Lena sends Kara a text: 'Hey baby, good morning. Can you call me when you're awake? I really want to see your cute face on my screen again ;)' 

Lena hums a song while walking downstairs. She looks around and sees a jacket. Although Lena is pretty sure her mother and brother aren't around it looks suspicious. It doesn't feel like the jacket was there last night. 

But Lena shrugs and goes on with the things she was doing. She has to eat some breakfast and start packing. 

With a banana eaten and a breakfast bar in her pocket, Lena walks upstairs. Firstly she has to go to the attic to look if she can find some boxes. 

She finds five boxes. Lena decides that's all she is allowed to take. 

She stuffs the first box with all the dirty clothes she wore when she was with Kara. Lena is not going to bother washing them in such a short time. In her suitcase, she puts clean clothes to use. 

Suddenly her phone starts ringing. For a moment Lena is excited because she thinks it's her girlfriend calling the moment she woke up. But it's a private number. 

The call gets accepted. 'Hello?' Lena says. An automatic pre-recorded voice speaks to her. 'Would you accept a call from Midlands prison? press one.' 

Lena rolls her eyes. She knows what's going on. The question is who is in jail though... Her lovely mother of her brother. 

Without hesitating, one gets pressed on the screen. 

'Lena.' A cold voice says on the other side of the line. 

She recognizes the voice instantly. 'Mother.' She says also coldly. 

'Welcome home.' Lillian says. Lena doesn't answer back. She knows when her mother calls it's because she needs something. 

'You could say something.' Her mother snaps. 

'You could've been here.' Lena snaps back. 

'How was America?' 

'Nice.' 

'Where's Lex?' her mother asks. 

'I don't know.' Lena answers back. 

'Anything else?' Lena asks her mother. 

'When you see Lex tell him to call me.' 

Lena rolls her eyes. 'Goodbye mother.' she says when disconnecting the call with the red button. 

Lena continues packing. She completely forgets to eat lunch. But she gets reminded what time it is by a call from Kara. 

She pressed the green button without even having to think of it. 

'Hey, baby.' Kara says while yawning. 

'Goodmorning sleepy head.' Lena says back. 

'How late is it there?' Kara asks.