Monday, December 20th

It's the first schoolday after Lena and Kara became 'kale'. That's another term used for girlfriends. Lena woke up cheery and with nothing to worry about. Well, there is one little thing though... She needs to keep her hands off of Kara. Which is pretty hard for her because she is crazy in love. 

Kara is worried about a lot of things. She has to think of how she wants to come out and like what she wants to come out. She didn't tell Lena yet but Kara is feeling currently the best with the label 'pansexual'. That's because she isn't quite sure yet if she only likes girls and it seems like a good step. Kara also thinks it's a beautiful term. She thinks she fell in with Lena because of how she is and not only because she's a girl. 

Right before the girls step on the bike Lena lays her hand on Kara's and squeezes her hand. 'You can do this. We have nothing to worry about. Except from Sam, no one knows.' 

They start pedaling. First, it's a long ride straight forward. Kara breaks the nice silence. 

'IthinkI'mpansexual.' Kara rambles. 

Lena frowns. 'Can you repeat it but this time so a human would be able to understand it?' 

Kara sighs. 'I think I'm pansexual.' She looks at Lena. Lena is smiling from ear to ear. 

'Kar, I'm so proud of you. I don't mind which label you fit. I just like you for who you are. And if you would have told me this before getting on the bike you could have gotten a big hug or more...' 

Kara smiles. 'Thanks, you're the best girlfriend I could wish for.' 

'By the way... I want to come out to my mom and Alex before Christmas because I want to be able to kiss you.' 

'Oh, Kara. That's so sweet. But just make sure it's enough for you to handle. Because I know it's a lot.' 

Kara nods. 'I think it will be okay. No, I know it will be okay with you by my side.' 

Lena smiles. 'We can do anything together. Can't we?' 

Ten minutes later they arrive at school. Kara keeps playing something in her head. 'Play it cool, play it cool.' 

Nia comes running to Kara and Lena. Lena sees her from far and whispers to Kara. 'Just be yourself.' Kara smiles at Lena. When she turns around she gets embraced in a hug by Nia. 

'Hey girls, how was your weekend.' Nia asks. 

Kara starts to stutter so Lena takes over. 'It was great, who knew there was a snow storm coming.' Lena says. 

Nia shrugs. 'Well, you never know here. Did you have a snowball fight?' 

'Nah, we just watched a Christmas movie.' Kara says as she looks for the photo and shows both of them drinking hot cocoa while watching the movie. 

The friends continue chatting as walking into the school starting their day. 

-

The school day felt like it lasted an eternity. For Lena at least. She was a bit Kara-hungry. Lena is full of love and wants to be close to Kara all day. Well, just all the time before she has to leave. Lena swallows by thinking of that. She never wants to leave. 

Lena gets pulled out of her thoughts by Kara. When she looks at Kara she notices she is smirking. 

'What are you up to?' Lena asks. 

'We still have to do something...' Kara says. Lena frowns at her. 

'We are going to celebrate your nineteenth birthday this afternoon.'