Sunday, December 5th

It's early in the morning. Even though it's Saturday Kara and Lena didn't sleep in.

Lena is drawing in her journal while sitting on her bed. Kara is in the shower.

She draws a picture of a big flower. Lena draws herself as a silhouette beside it. This is what she dreamt of last night. It's weird and she definitely does not know what the dream means. That's why she draws it.

On the next page, Lena starts writing.

'I feel weird here. Like I don't belong. My host here is Kara. I'm not sure if she is nice or not. It depends on the moment what I feel for her. In one of the moments, I feel relaxed and like I can be myself. At other moments I feel like she doesn't want me here and I'm a burden. Sam is having the time of her life and doesn't answer my texts that often. I feel lonely and lost. But I also wish I didn't have to go back home. That sucks too. Maybe another flight...'

Lena jumps when she sees Kara already in the room. She didn't expect Kara to be back out of the shower that fast. Her journal closes with a hard bang and gets thrown into her suitcase.

'Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.'

Lena was stiffed for a second. 'Err... it's not a problem. I was just eh...'

Kara sits down on the bed beside Lena and puts her hand on Lena's knee. Instantly Lena feels uncomfortable with Kara's hands on her knee.

She moves her legs to sit in another position. This way Kara's hand falls off her knee.

'Lena, you can tell me everything. I know you haven't known me for a long time but if you want to you can tell me anything.' she says as she puts her hands on Lena's knees again.

Lena stares at Kara for a second she doesn't know what to feel around Kara.

She wipes Kara's hand away in one motion and stands up. 'I need some air.' Lena says as she stands up. She walks downstairs, greets Eliza on the way, steps in her shoes, and put on her jacket to go outside.

Kara walks a little distance beside Lena but gets interrupted by her adoptive mother.

'Kara Danvers!' Kara shoots up. She knows she is in trouble when Eliza uses Kara's full name.

'What?' Kara asks with quite some annoyance in her voice.

'Young lady. What happened between you and Lena?' Eliza says firmly.

Kara sighs. 'I don't 100% know but I need to go.'

Kara grabs her coat and goes outside. She guesses Lena took the left side of the street.

Kara runs and runs. Her condition isn't in a good shape she notices after only a few minutes of running but no sign of Lena.

Half an hour later Kara is still looking at Lena. Westmond isn't a big village so she must be around either the park or the forests.

Looking into the park Kara sees a birthday party going on. Lena can't be possibly around there. That's why she takes a guess to go to the forest.

Walking around in the forest Kara chants Lena's name. But she is nowhere to be seen.

At the end of the forest, Kara is giving up. She plans on just walking home.

Until she sees a bit of raven hair peeking around behind a tree.

Kara quietly makes her way to the tree. She sees Lena sitting there. She cried. Her eyes are red and puffy but at the same time, her face is all red from running.

Lena looks up to see Kara. Kara waits and doesn't say anything.

'I'm sorry.' Lena sighs out of relief.

'Did I do something?' Kara asks hesitantly.

Lena shakes her head. No, I'm sorry it's just a lot.

Kara sits down beside Lena. 'Do you want to tell me? I really want to understand you better and do anything to make your stay here good.'

Lena sighs. 'I don't really know about what you can do.'

'Okay then just tell me how you're feeling.'

'No, I'd rather not.' Lena snaps.

'Please Lena, if you tell me how you're feeling I'll... eh... tell one of my secrets. And then you get to know me better.'

Lena sighs deeply to calm herself down. 'Okay fine... So I think I have some trouble trusting people. I get really insecure when people want to get close to me. I snapped when you put your hand on my knee.'

'Ooh,' Kara says. 'I'm sorry I didn't even notice that.'

'But now you told me I can make sure to take it into my account. Again, I'm sorry.' 

'No Kara, you don't need to apologize. I didn't tell you so it's not your fault.' Lena says while looking down. 

'I feel like it's partly my fault. I didn't treat you nice in your first days of staying. And I didn't think of your feelings.' 

Lena looks at Kara's eyes. 'Thanks.' 

'Okay, so I know you have trouble trusting people. But as you know I come from a family of huggers. So can I please give you a hug? If you don't like it you can just pull back.' Kara rambles. 

Lena chuckles. 'Okay, just take it easy.'

Lena and Kara stretch their arms and lean in to hug. At first, Lena tenses up but she soonly relaxes into the hug. Lena pulls back after 10 seconds. 

'Lena, that was so good of you.' Kara says. 

Lena and Kara look into the eyes of each other and get lost for a minute. There is silence between the girls. 

'Sooo... should I tell my secret now?' 

'Yeah, if that's what you want...' Lena shrugs. 

'So it's actually more of a confession. But...' 

Lena interrupts Kara. 'Is there already something you did to disappoint me?' 

Kara smiles and chuckles. 'No, there's not, well, I think not. It's just that I did something.' 

'Well, please start. Now I'm curious.' 

'Okay, so I'm going to be telling you the reason why I had to take you in. I'm not part of the exchange program because I chose the tech program at school.' 

Lena raises her eyebrow. 'I don't really know where you are going?' 

'Let me finish.' Kara says. 

'The day before your arrival something happened in history class. .....' 

Kara tells Lena the whole story. 'So you are basically my punishment for throwing the paper airplane.' 

Lena stares at Kara in disbelief. She doesn't say anything. 

'Lena, please say something!' 

'How many bucks did you make?' Lena asks with a big grin on her face. 

Kara laughs at Lena's comment. 'I don't know. I haven't counted yet.' 

'You should. You can make a business.' 

The two girls laugh together and talk a little longer. 

When the girls are at Kara's home they grab the assignment paper. 

'Question of the day: What is your favorite food?' Kara reads. 

'I think we could answer for each other...' Lena says. Yours is definitely potstickers.' 

Kara laughs and nods. 'And yours is probably pancakes?' Kara says a little questioning. 

'Well, that's one of my favorites. My other is kale.' 

'KALE?! Seriously. We can't be friends anymore.' 

Lena laughs. Sure, someday I will make you like it.