Thursday, December 2nd

Kara wakes up from her alarm and sees Lena on the bed beside her. Lena isn't sleeping anymore. She is reading a book.

'Good morning Kara yawns.

'Morning' Lena says whispering trying to not lose concentration in her book.

'Come on we have to go to school today. Are you excited?' Kara asks.

Lena turns her head so she can see Kara. 'What do you think?'

'Yeah true I'm not in the mood either but we have to get going in 40 minutes. Today we're taking the bus.' Kara says.

Lena says nothing but just goes to the bathroom to get ready.

Kara goes downstairs and starts a discussion with Eliza about why she can't have pizza for breakfast.

Lena comes downstairs ten minutes later. She's wearing a chic blouse with a skirt.

Kara doesn't want to admit it but Lena actually looks pretty good in that outfit.

'Hey, Lena good morning. Do you like cereal?' Eliza says.

'Goodmorning and yes I like cereal.'

'And that reminds me of something. I have this for you.' Lena says while handing Eliza a box.

'It's a thank you for letting me stay here. That is Irish tea and those are Irish cookies. I hope you like them.'

Eliza gets really happy.

'Lena you shouldn't have done that. You are really welcome here but I really appreciate it.' Eliza comes closer and pulls Lena into a hug.

Lena tries to pull back as soon as Eliza touches her.

Lena is someone who doesn't like hugs. That is because of her past. At home, she is used to never even getting a hug. Her original mother was too busy to take care of her and almost never hugged her. Her adoptive mother is also an anti-hug mother. So Lena is just not used to hugs and really doesn't like it.

Kara's family is on the other hand very loving and likes to show that with hugs.

Lena needs some time to fit in with this family.

'Lena, let's go!' Kara calls suddenly.

'We're late and the bus is coming in two minutes.'

Lena reacts quickly, throws her backpack over her shoulder, and runs out of the door.

'Come on we need to run!' Kara screams when she runs right behind Lena.

'Oh my, are you seriously wearing high heels?' You must be kidding me. If we don't catch this bus we have to walk and that's like a 30 minutes walk at least.' Kara says while panting because of the running.

They arrive almost at the bus stop just at the moment the bus pulls up and leaves the bus stop.

Kara sighs. 'This is your fault?'

'My fault?' Lena asks.

'Yes, your fault. If you didn't wear high heels we would have made it.'

'No, it's your fault you told me too late when it was time to go. So it's your fault.'

'My fault it's your fault. No yours. No yours. No yours. I'm gonna get in trouble. Good.' Kara and Lena are talking right through each other.

'If we are continuing to talk like this we will come definitely too late so let's just walk.' Lena says.

'Well, you have a good idea. That's a first.' Kara murmurs under her breath.

Without any more words exchanged Lena and Kara walk towards school.

When they arrive Kara walks in first. It's very quiet in the hallway because officially the lessons have started.

'Follow me, we go to classroom 213.' Kara says.

Nodding Lena follows her.

Suddenly Kara turns around and grabs her phone from her pocket.

'What's wrong?' Lena asks.

'Nobody is here. So I want to check if we need to be here or somewhere else.'

'Damn my phone isn't working.'

Oh, wait there's my teacher I'm gonna ask. You can stay here.'

Lena sees Kara in an angry discussion with the teacher.

After three minutes the discussion ends and Kara walks towards Lena.

'Those dumb a- forgot to give me the schedule so I thought we had school today. Turns out we have an assignment in the village.

'How long is it to walk to the village? Lena asks.

'Hmmm, maybe like five minutes. Not so far though.'

When Kara and Lena arrive at the village they see American and Irish students everywhere.

Lena sees a sign which says 'get assignments here'

Lena walks up to get the assignment when at the last second she realizes it's her awful teacher standing there.

'I want an assignment please.' Lena says.

'Gaeilge le do thoil.'

Lena rolls her eyes. 'An bhfuil an tasc agam?'

The teacher hands her the assignment and Lena and Kara go away from the busiest crowd and sit down on a park bench.

'Okay, so the assignment is: there are 24 days to go before Christmas. Ask each other a random question every day and get to know each other. Write this down in a report. Irish students need to report in Irish.'

'i dtigh diabhail.' Lena mutters while whining.

'First question. 'What was the last thing you created?' Kara asks.

'Well, I think that's my Spotify playlist. I made that just before I went on the plane to get here. So that's creating something right?'

Kara shrugs. I think it is.

'What kinda music do you like?' Kara asks.

'Kinda everything as long as it's not too slow. Wanna hear my playlist later?' Lena asks.

'Yeah sure.'

'And what's the last thing you created?'

'I think that will be the microwave.'

'Wait? Did you create a microwave?'

'No, I only fixed it. That's because I broke it by trying to make chocolate milk in the microwave.'

Lena laughs. 'I feel like that's such a typical thing for you to do.'

'Next question: What do you hate?'

'Mean people and snakes. Oh and the sounds at our attic.' Kara answeres

'Well, that's specific.'

'What do you hate then?'

'Busy places.' Lena says without needing time to think.

'Okay so do you maybe want to go to a quieter place?'

Lena nods. 'Can you show me the library please?'

'Yes of course. I'm not surprised that you want to see it. Let's go.' Kara says

A/N: So do you like the first three chapters? Please let me know ;)

Also let my explain two things:
1. English is not my first language. That's why my writing isn't the best. Just ignore grammar mistakes.

2. I forgot to tell but Kara is a human in this book. She has some signs of being a kryptonian but she's just human :)

Tomorrow next chapter <3

December can change your life✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara