Saturday, January 1st

Lena gets off of her flight. She has just arrived in the big apple. That's the cool name for New York. In Ireland, it's the new year already but in New York, it isn't. At the moment it's 23.35 on Lena's watch. In less than half an hour it's the new year.

She sits at the airport and does some research on her phone. A train will take her almost two days to get to a big city near Wellom. So this is when Lena decides on buying a ticket for another plane adventure.

This flight will be a lot trickier because she has to fly with her own identity and she knows her brother can probably track her that way.

She, unfortunately, can't fly with a fake ID because she doesn't have one. The flight is also still 4.5 hours long. When Lena finds out about that she gets a little anxious. What if she will never arrive?

The only good thing is that in America flights don't get canceled because of the new year. Lena looks at the flight times. The first possible flight is leaving in 2 hours.

Lena decides to wait for the flight and buy tickets last minute. This way her brother will find her later in the system hopefully.

The time ticks away and at American time midnight Lena texts Kara. 'Hey babe, it's me, Lena. I have a new phone. Now we can send each other silly photo's again. Happy new year!'

And of course, she sends a silly photo without letting Kara see the background of the airport.

Kara replies a few minutes later. 'SO HAPPY YOU CAN TEXT AGAIN' she sends in capslocks.

Lena laughs at the response. Kara videocalls Lena. The moment Lena sees the call she stresses. Mostly because it's supposed to be like 7 am in Ireland now.

If she will accept the call Kara will be suspicious why Lena isn't in bed with her pajamas on.

That's why Lena decides to decline the call. She sends Kara a text. 'Sorry, my wifi is really bad and my new data hasn't started yet. I can only text.' She says.

Kara sends a text back. 'No problemo. I can just text you. X'

Lena sighs out of relief and texts with her girlfriend for the following hours.

When the flight info is about to start Lena buys a ticket. She is lucky because she has one of the last ones.

Firstly she has to go through security. After the security, Lena has to wait to see her boarding information. She sits down in a chair and calls Alex to update her.

Alex accepts the call.

'Hey, Alex it's me, Lena. I want to update you.'

'How are you Mags. Can you just hold on for a moment? I'm walking away from my sis. Then you continue with the dirty talk.'

Lena frowns for a second but knows Alex does this to distract Kara. She also hears a soft whoosh and an 'auww!' coming from the phone. This probably means Kara threw a cushion at Alex.

'Hey, sorry. That was my cover-up. Update me please!' Alex says.

'First of all. Great cover-up. And happy new year.' Lena says.

'Thank you.'

'I'm now at the J. F. Kennedy airport. My boarding information will appear in a few minutes and I will fly in like 45 minutes I guess. When arriving I need to go three hours by bus. And when I arrive in Wellom I will probably first go to the office from the realtors to get the key and then I will come by yours.' Lena rambles.

'Lena, please take your time. Kara won't disappear. If you come here tomorrow that's okay too.' Alex says.

'True...' Lena says.