Chapter Four

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

We scoot out of the restaurant quietly and get into the black SUV. Sejin takes the wheel while Taehyung and I slide into the back. As we drive away, I turn to Tae, who is quietly contemplating what he has taken in.

"Do you see what I was saying?" I question, waiting to hear his thoughts.

"I do Jungkookie, she's quite good. I love the way she rearranged that last Max song too. Her voice is surprisingly bluesy. The voice, it's paradise, really," he breathes out after a moment.

"Agreed," I nod. "I didn't know she was going to put on such a show by standing up on that bench. When the piano playing dropped out and her voice floated over the crowd, she had complete control over them. She's a natural, it's like she forgot she has crutches. Sejin, what do you think now that we have gotten to see her in action again?" I call out to the front seat.

"We need to pull her in immediately. I really want to go in an entirely new direction musically. We've been so creative over the years with come back after come back but, I think it's time to break the mold. She has the chops to get us over the finish line, we'd be fools not to make her an offer. I think our next steps will be to pull the team together for a meeting and decide together. However, I know which way our path shall lead," he shares with thoughtful confidence.

I nod in agreement as I watch the dark road unfold in front of us. We are definitely in for a new adventure.

-------------------

"Are you sure we should take on a foreigner for this project?" Yoongi questions. His thoughts are not shared with maliciousness but with genuine curiosity. I know he is just looking out for our best interests.

"It's not like we would have her dictate our entire comeback, but she would be a real asset," Sejin replies. "Nobody is trying to take creative control from you or keep you from writing and producing music, but I think we could benefit from a different point of view this time around."

"True, true, it's all about growing and learning. We need to keep evolving so we can reach new levels of success, Hyung," Namjoon adds after a moment of contemplation.

"Yes, I know, you are right. It's all about working harder and sustaining all that we've worked for; I want to do what is right for all of us," Yoongi agrees.

"Plus, she's amazing, really. I wish you could have seen her in action last night," Taehyung muses. "You could see why Jungkookie is so smitten with her," he adds, wiggling his eyebrows in my direction.

I gasp, "I am not smitten! I'm just trying to tell you that we had a great moment in her studio, and I think we should work with her!"

"You haven't shut up about her for over 24 hours, JK!" Jimin laughs, tossing himself onto the table and slapping it until tears escape. "You should hear her voice! You should see her in her studio!" he mocks.

I roll my eyes. I haven't talked about her that much. Have I?

Sejin's voice breaks me out of my thoughts, "Well, then it is decided. The team will put in an offer to contract with Lily, and we will see if she accepts. If so, we will be going full force, and that means pulling her is as if she was one of our own team members. I want to offer her a studio space here so that we can keep her work with us under wraps, and she will work with us closely until her contract is up."

"If she agrees," Yoongi audibly murmurs, but he seems a million miles away.