Chapter Forty

JK is booked through most of the day with promotional work, so it is just Yoongi and I working together

JK is booked through most of the day with promotional work, so it is just Yoongi and I working together. We have been digging into some of his notes and song ideas. I'm eagerly armed with a notebook and a pen in hand as we go back and forth, sharing lines. We decided to craft a love song and a heartbreak song, ultimately deciding more song choices are better than less. Anything not used can always be saved in the vault for future use.

We've been working for a few hours when Yoongi picks up his acoustic guitar and begins playing some chords.

"I was thinking something like this," he says.

Trying my hardest to concentrate on the music and not the vision before me, I watch his hands picking at the strings, the melodic sounds washing over me.

Oh God, not the acoustic! Attractive, intelligent, plays the guitar, oh no.

Since my teenage years, I have had a weakness for people that can play guitar or piano, and Yoongi plays both; witnessing him in action right in front of me makes me weak. My brain works a million miles a minute as I struggle with my feelings.

He pauses for a moment, "Where did you go just now? It looks like I lost you."

"I'm sorry, Yoongi, I came in super early, and I've actually been working for hours. Do you mind if we break for a few minutes so I can have some tea and maybe a bite to eat?" I'm trying to cover for myself, but I could really use a break in all actuality.

"Of course, why don't we go out to the cafe and get lunch."

I wasn't expecting him to break with me, so I'm caught off guard, but I agree. We place our orders and then convene with our meals at a curved table with seats dispersed around it. Sitting next to me, we eat in comfortable silence, watching the staff trickle in and out. I bask in the sunlight filtering through the large plate-glass windows after being locked up in windowless studios all morning.

"You know what? I think I want to order tea also." I'm a little embarrassed that Yoongi is still eating, and I've already wolfed down my food like it was my last meal. "Do you want anything else?" He shakes his head, indicating no while he thoughtfully chews. I make my way to the counter to grab a large tea while trying to calm my nerves. Sitting with him is satisfying but also torture.

When I return, I clean up the remnants of my lunch and then settle back down in my seat while Yoongi continues eating. I get lost in my thoughts while looking out the window when something touches my ear. I turn my attention towards Yoongi in confusion and then realize he's placing an earbud in my ear.

He's sharing his playlist with me like we used to!

Looking up at him shyly through my lashes, I'm met by his gummy smile. I can't help but reciprocate, trying not to look too eager, but my heart is about to burst because this is the first time we have shared a moment like this since he pushed me away.