Chapter Fifty-One

I'm so excited that Hobi is coming to visit. This may be the last time I get to see him before I'm forced to leave, but I don't dare mention it. I know he is working on a plan, but I'm not stupid; there is clearly nothing that can be done, and I've already started planning how I'm going to handle things.

I consider the option of traveling for a bit. I'd love to spend some time in Japan and then travel through Europe. I've dreamed of visiting all the cities that make up my romantic travel dreams, such as Rome, Venice, and of course, Paris, but I've never made the time because I was always too busy with my work. However, with things moving so quickly, I've come to the realization that I need to go back to America for the time being.

I take my time getting ready because I have been living in sweatpants for days on end, and I decide I'd like to feel like a fully functional woman again. When I go into my suitcase, I'm surprised to find a cosmetic bag with some of my jewelry in it. I must have scooped it up by accident when I was emptying one of my drawers, and I'm kind of excited to wear some.

I choose my favorite pair of jeans that flatters me in all the right places and a black fitted v-neck blouse that dips down just enough to show off my breasts without giving away the store. Hobi won't care if I'm showing off a little; he likes it when I look nice, and he looks at me like I'm a sister anyway.

I wear a long necklace that dips down into my cleavage and small hoop earrings in each ear, topping off my looks with a bracelet and a few rings on each hand. I put on a little makeup and some lip gloss, and I'm pleasantly surprised that my strawberry blond hair looks nice against the dark color of my shirt. I don't often feel pretty, but as I stand back to look in the mirror, I feel good about myself tonight, and honestly, with all that is weighing on my mind, I just need this win right now.

"There you are!" I declare, and I peer in the mirror, pleased that I look like a human being again.

"No! There you are!" I hear from the other room, and I skip out of the bathroom upon hearing Hobi's voice.

However, it's not just Hobi. It's everyone minus Yoongi. Filing into the cottage are Jin and Hana, Jae and JK, Joon, Tae, and Jimin with broad smiles and hands full of alcohol and food.

"Oh...Oh...my God!" I squeal, and Hobi breaks into his glorious laugh while clapping his hands.

"Surprise!" He yells, and I run over and give him a giant hug.

"Lily, you look so pretty! Your ass looks good in those jeans!" He laughs and smacks my backside.

"Awe, Hobi! Thank you!" I laugh. When Hobi gives you the seal of approval, it's a good day.

I run around giving everyone hugs and then convene with Hana and Jae in the kitchen for a little bit as we pour some wine.

"Ladies, I'm so happy to see you both! I've missed you so much!" I declare, and then I take a long sip of Pinot Grigio, taking a moment to bask in the fruity notes as they dance across my tastebuds.

Jae lowers her voice and leans towards Hana and I. "So you and Yoongi? How is that going?" She whispers, and my face flushes.

"I have no idea who you are talking about; I've never met a 'Yoongi" in my life!" I wink at her.

"Ooh, she's signed an NDA! Welcome to the club!" Jae chuckles.

"Technically, I don't think the three of us are even really allowed in a room together with these men!" I laugh and look over at Hana. "Especially in front of 'Miss Human Resources' over here!" I say, giving Hana a playful elbow.

"I'll never tell!" Hana laughs, raising her palms in the air. Then she pretends to look over her shoulder and leans back in towards us, whispering, "I'm in the NDA club as well!"