Chapter Sixty-One

After Yoongi and I said our goodbyes, I forced myself into the shower, and then I spend the entire day with Hobi and Jimin. We catch up and talk about Ha-Kun's ideas about starting a company back in Korea.

Jimin can sense the shift in my energy, and it's like he's performing aftercare. Always placing a gentle hand on my knee or arm to let me know I'm not alone. Taking guardianship over my emotions, as always, he tries to make sure I'm supported, and I appreciate that he's so kind to me.

Hobi picks up on the cues as well. He sits close to me when we eat lunch, ensuring I'm eating well.

"Lily, do you like being in America and working the way you have been?" Jimin questions.

"Look at her, of course she doesn't!" Hobi scoffs as he inhales some chicken and scoots himself closer to me.

"Hobi, let her answer for herself," Jimin frowns, shaking his head at his friend with a cocked eyebrow.

I sigh, "No, he's right. I'm grateful for the opportunities Yoongi's crazy plan has afforded me, but I mostly just miss my old life. I gave it a chance here, and I could have signed a record deal, but honestly, I have no desire. Even when I was on the big stage the other day, it was a nice opportunity, but I didn't LOVE it. I know that must sound crazy since you guys love being on stage....."

"Then I guess it's time to let Ha-Kun bring you home, don't you think?" Jimin asks, raising his eyebrow at me as he awaits an answer.

"I guess your right," I reply as I come to terms with my desire to get back to what I know.

"Of course, he's right. I could have told you that you belong back at home months ago...." Hobi says while rolling his eyes at us. "Eat!" he declares as he stuffs food into my mouth, and I can't help but smile. I've missed these men in my life so much.

"About Yoongi, are you okay," Jimin asks softly, checking in with me to make sure I'm going to be okay.

"Yes, things are better now. He's going away knowing I've always cared about him, and I don't see that changing any time in the near future...." I trail off, thinking of him.

We finish our lunch and change the subject back to my possible move back to Korea. The more we chat about Ha-Kun's ideas, the better it sounds. I never thought I could go back "home," and it feels good knowing that I may get part of my life back. I know it won't ever be the same, but it would be wonderful getting back to working on music the way I really want to.

I send a text to Ha-Kun and let him know that I'm on board with his plan and then find myself staying in L.A. for a few more days where Hobi and I go sightseeing, and I let him drag me around to a bunch of designer shops he's been dying to check out.

~~~~~~~

After our west coast visit, I returned to my rented cottage on the east coast. A few months later, I watch the night the boys finally win their Grammy. I knew the rumors were strong, but without an "in" on the inside of the voting process, we really couldn't be certain it would happen.

I'm giddy watching them break into wide grins and hugging each other. They are all full of pride, and I really can't be any happier for them, even if I think award shows are complete bullshit. I sip my wine and listen to them thank ARMY for always supporting them. Each one of them taking a quick moment to give some thanks.

When Yoongi steps up, cradling his much-beloved award with a broad smile, my heart skips a beat. "Thank you, ARMY! We love you," he says, trying to hold it together. "And a special thanks to Lily Tremblay for producing. We love your work and hope to work with you again soon."