Chapter Thirty-Eight

Text to Hobi: Good Morning, Lovie! How are you?

Hobi: Not good. I don't feel good.

Lily: What's wrong?

Hobi: I think I might have the flu. I can't get out of bed.

Lily: Oh no! Are you alone?

Hobi: Yes, but it is OK.

Lily: Have you been drinking fluids?

Hobi: I don't feel well enough.

Lily: Call for a doctor. Right now!

Hobi: I'm going to try and sleep.

Lily: Let me come take care of you.

Hobi: No, no, enjoy your day off. I'm fine.

~~~~~~~

Text to Jimin: Hobi is sick and alone. You said you'd be there if I needed you. Please, I need you.

Jimin: Hi Beautiful, how can I help?

Lily: Please, I need you to get me to Hobi, Jiminie. I need to take care of him. Please!

Jimin: You had me at "Jiminie." I'll have a driver pick you up in twenty minutes.

Lily: I will need to have them stop at a store on the way. Sorry, I'm so demanding.

Jimin: The store is not a problem. Demanding? That's sexy.

Lily: Stop making me blush. Thank you for doing this, Jiminie.

Jimin: You're welcome, Beautiful!

After a quick stop at a store, the driver delivers me to Hobi's apartment complex. I'm nervous showing up when he has told me not to, however something deep in my gut told me I needed to get here right away. Nervously I call him, but he doesn't answer. Worried, I hang up and text him, but no answer comes. I call again in a panic, and finally, he answers.

"Lovie, I'm here. You need to get your building security to let me up to your place."

"Lily? You're here?" Hobi sounds disoriented, his voice thick and scratchy, and my stomach turns into a knot.

"Yes, Lovie. Listen, I know you don't feel good. It's OK, but you need to call down and get your building's security to let me in and bring me up to your door. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I will do it now."

The driver waits while I stand on the curb, waiting for help. I stare up at the incredibly tall building covered in tall plate glass windows that look out over the Seoul Forest. I feel the weight of the two grocery bags digging into the palm of my hand, but all I can concentrate on is my need to reach Hobi as soon as possible.