Chapter Twenty Three

I've been backstage for a few hours, my work always begins long before the talent arrives

I've been backstage for a few hours, my work always begins long before the talent arrives. I've been working my magic promoting NORAE, and I'm so glad when I have made it through talking to just about every important contact that I've identified as a possible client. The show has been in progress for quite a while by now, and I can finally take a moment to breathe.

As I take a sip of water, one of the gentlemen from BiG Hit's staff that I recognize comes and tells me to follow him, that they have a place for me to sit to watch the members perform. I try to refuse the kindness, but he said one of the managers told him to be sure I would come. I'm embarrassed, but I follow. I don't want to cause the staff member any distress.

I'm ushered quickly to a seat in the audience. It's out of sight from cameras, but I've still been placed in the first seat next to the main aisle, so I have a clear view in front of me.

I've already missed some of their performance, so I quietly watch as orchestral music plays and a group of dancers in black with white feathered sleeves are making the most beautiful moves, and I'm in awe because I was not at all expecting this beautiful interpretation to unfold before me. The staff member next to me leans in and says, "Black Swan transition," and I nod with silent appreciation.

The transitions are flawless, Tae being lifted, JK appearing out of nowhere, Jin being lifted in the air. I'm so happy JK talked me into watching them perform. The movements are fluid and beautiful, and I'm taken back by the entire experience.

I'm also trying to ignore the fact that each one of them looks insanely hot dressed in all-black ensembles. It's not lost on me that JK's not wearing a shirt under his blazer, and neither is Jimin. I feel like the buttons are holding on by a thread, and I'm trying in earnest not to stare. They look amazing.

Every single one of them is getting to me. I can't even look at Yoongi with his black skirt over slacks, he's gorgeous, and it makes my heart ache. I force myself to look away because it just stirs up too many mixed emotions, and I refuse to put myself in a state of tears in the middle of an event.

Namjoon and Jin are stunning, but what really bothers me is Hobi. Here is my new best friend in a mesh shirt and blazer, hitting every single move so precisely, he is born to shine, and at this moment it makes me wonder for one brief moment what it would be like to kiss him.

No, no, noooooo! Wrong, bad, not Hobi, best friend, best friend!!!!!

I quickly throw that thought right out of my mind and shudder for a moment. I just can't go there with Hobi. It's not right. Before I can think deeper into my thoughts, the song changes to Fake Love, and I sink back into my seat. The guys are really putting me through it.

I rub my temples for a moment when I notice JK catches my eye as he lifts his top a bit to show off his abdomen to the crowd, and he briefly watches my mouth agape. I can't even help myself. It's all too much.

When Yoongi begins to rap, I ultimately focus on Jimin to distract me. I'm just happily watching him put on a show that is rapidly reminding me of the night he was kissing my neck, and I wonder what kind of fool I was to let that opportunity go. I know I did the right thing, but seeing him like this really makes me wonder how I even had the strength to stop it from happening. I smirk, thinking about the lyrics of Fake Love and how ironic the moment feels.

No wonder JK had that knowing smile when he said he wanted me to see them perform. Such a sneaky brat! He knew they were going to kill me.

I chuckle to myself while the song ends, and when the cameras shift to the next presenter, I hustle my way backstage to make sure I get back to my NORAE colleagues. As I walk, lost in my thoughts, I am awoken by JK's familiar voice yelling my name.

"Lily, Lily!"

I turn to find all of them toweling their faces, getting ready to go change, and have touch-ups done to their hair and makeup before returning to their seats.

"Lily, wow!" He says as he looks me over.

"Thank you, JK. Seriously, thank you for everything," and I give him a small turn so he can admire the fit and style that he made happen for me. "You are an absolute sweetheart."

"You're welcome," he smiles confidently while the others dart side-eye glances at each other.

"You look beautiful!" Hobie chimes in.

"Umm, no you, you look hot, Hobi. You almost had me confused for a moment," I reply, making him blush.

"Lily!" he laughs, but I can see he is happy with my compliment.

"Back off, Hoeseok! I already have our five kids named," Tae jokes while nudging Hobi with his elbow.

"Wow Tae, you didn't even consult me about the names. We have a very weird marriage, I'm seeing a divorce lawyer immediately," I laugh, and he shoots me a look of mock surprise. He's become my acting partner, and our impromptu skits always make me smile.

"You all look handsome, and truly the performance was amazing. JK, thanks for talking me into watching it."

I notice that Yoongi is staring at me without saying anything, but I can't tell what is happening. I am slightly annoyed by him being so awkward with me, so I glance over and look him in the eyes, daring him to speak, but he looks down towards the floor as I do. I sigh, he is impossible to read sometimes, so I give up. My heart can only take so much, and I know it's time to move on.

"We have to get going, but we will see you later, Lily. You look beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your night!" Namjoon says, trying to corral the rest of the guys so they can get back to what they were supposed to be doing.

The group begins  walking away, but Jimin doesn't follow instead he casually walks over to me instead and cups his hand around his mouth so no prying eyes can read his lips. He whispers with a hot breath brushing my ear, "Namjoon's right, you look beautiful. Let me know if you need me to help unzip that dress later."

He turns to walk away, but I feel like Jimin is always in control of the flirting, and in one impulsive moment, I grab his wrist to stop him. He spins back towards me in surprise, and I lean into his ear the same way he did to me, covering my mouth with my hand, and I whisper back.

"Would your tongue make another appearance?" and I let the tip of my tongue just barely touch the bottom of his earlobe. The look of shock that visibly takes over is delicious to watch as he freezes where he stands. His cheeks flush, and a glimpse of amusement begins to dance across his expressive eyes as we share a forbidden secret.

I return a sassy look and turn on my heel to walk away, but as I do, I catch Yoongi standing in the corner staring at us with his mouth slightly open. I pretend that I don't see him, and I walk away, but somewhere in my mind, I still wonder if Yoongi thinks I look pretty, and I roll my eyes at my desperation. I hate that the thought even passes through my mind.

Why can't I just let him go?