Chapter Twenty Seven

Yoongi's POV

Yoongi's POV

I spot her in line at the cafe, and before I can think about what I'm doing, I slide in line behind her. Everyone is spending time with Lily except me, and Jimin's words about her contract being close to ending soon have been haunting my mind.

Should I have pushed her away?

Lily's strawberry locks cascade down the back, a stark and lovely contrast against her black coat. I'm close enough to breathe in the scent of her shampoo. I miss sitting close to her and sharing music on our phones. Sometimes when I'm locked away in my studio, I find my mind drifting off while I replay us sitting next to each other at physical therapy.

She's been all but ignoring me since we last spoke, and it's been weighing on my mind. She orders a hot chocolate, "Make it two," I say impulsively. I don't even want hot chocolate or really anything, but I want to try and start smoothing things over with her. Ironically, she is entirely oblivious to her charms.

Why does this woman insist on affecting me this way?

I start walking with her towards our studios when Jimin comes out of nowhere like a tornado of destruction disrupting my limited time with her, and I have to keep myself from cringing.

"Lily, have you been thinking about me ever since I spent the night at your place?"

My body stiffens as his words roll over me. Did he spend the night at her place too?

Fucking, Jimin! He can have anyone on the planet. Why did he have to pick the first woman in ages that I actually have started to have real feelings for? Sigh, I'm not losing a lifelong friendship over any woman. Yoongi, you dumbass, you lost out on this one! Let it go!

I glance over at Lily, she looks a bit shocked, but then she seems to settle down and begins to flirt back. My heart stutters for a moment, catching me off guard.

"Jimin, you are unreal! Get the fuck out of here, you silver-tongued lothario! I will see you both later at our working session," she says with a grin.

I observe that she looks happy for the first time in a long while, and I really can't be mad at that.

"So, are you and Lily dating now?" I ask casually after she is out of earshot.

Jimin looks me in the eye and cocks an eyebrow, "Why, Hyung, are you jealous?"

"No, no, I just thought things must be pretty serious if you spent the night at her place."

I'm trying to sound calm, but I can feel the heightened anxiety building in the pit of my stomach.

"No, she turned me down."

"Wha, what?"

"Yeah, I put the moves on our Lily, but she turned me down," Jimin says, glancing over at me. "You know she hasn't even as much as kissed anybody in three years? Who can do that? She must be looking for something pretty special," he glances over at me catching my eye.