Chapter Thirty-Six

"I'm going to miss having lunch with you two so much!"

I look at Jin and Hana seated across from me, and my heart feels heavy knowing that our time together is coming to a close.

"We can still see each other," Hana smiles, but we both know that it won't be the same because Jin can't come out in public with us.

"Maybe we can explore some cafes together. I'd love to keep speaking English with you!" I add cheerfully, trying to mask my sadness.

"That would be great. I would like that!"

"Hana's fluency is impressive now, isn't it, Lily?" The pride in Jin's voice and reflecting in his handsome face is maybe the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed in real life. It's like they are a walking Hallmark movie.

His eyes shine, and I love how proud he is of her. Jin's idol persona can be so over the top, with him professing his good looks and reminding people that he is the eldest. I've even seen him go as far as starting a fight with the others over who "raised" Jungkook with him vehemently declaring it was him, but with Hana, he is nothing less than giving, wrapped in a sea of calm. His love is neither selfish nor over the top, it's caring and authentic, and as a casual observer on the sidelines, it is complete serotonin to me.

"Oh yes, Hana is such a quick study!" I agree, smiling at the two soulmates before me.

"Hey! How are you guys?" Jimin saunters in and pulls a chair up close to me. "Now it's a double date," he says with a wink.

As he sits, intentionally placing his knee so it leans against mine. I feel my pulse quicken, his energy radiating through me.

Ever since he took care of me the night of the disastourous festival, my attraction to Jimin has grown. He understands me in a way nobody else does and it pulls me to him. At the moment I'm not sure what to do with my hormones that are plunging into overdrive over the simplest touch.

I blush, noticing Jin and Hana shoot each other a look, and I know that a thousand silent words just passed between them. I desperately wish I knew their secret and wonder if it would help me gain some clarity.

"Hi Jimin, we were just talking about how Lily's last week with us is coming up."

"I know. Time has passed so quickly!" I sigh.

Under the table, I feel Jimin's hand wander over to my knee. His hand tightens around my kneecap sending a visible shudder through my body. The fire I feel stirring inside me is so intensely hot that I press my knee harder into his letting him know I'm not shying away this time.

Both of us keep our eyes on Jin and Hana, leaving the secret conversation under the table strictly between us.

"Don't worry, we will all keep in touch," Jimin replies, turning to me with the corner of his lip turning up slightly.

"You think?" I meet his gaze, my eyebrow cocked.

"Most definitely," he replies with confidence, and I feel his hand wander slightly higher up my thigh.

He has fully resumed our chess game. With Jimin, I know it's not about a love connection between us, instead it is about matching energies. A kinetic experiment we are both longing for, daring the universe to implode.

I swallow hard, trying to act casual as I glance at my phone, "Look at the time. I really need to head back to my studio." Quietly I slide my hand onto his leg and run my fingertips over his thigh, noticing him take a shallow breath.

"I'm going that way. I will walk you," Jimin replies calmly.

We say our goodbyes to Jin and Hana and walk back to my studio without haste, no words passing between us.