~ fin ~

Another year passes, and Ha-Kun and I have moved our company into a bigger building because our business has been performing so well. In fact, we were able to take our time and find two more bright, and passionate producers that have been excellent additions to the team. We are like a little family that happily makes hits, and I finally feel like I've gained back everything I lost when I was fired.

"JK's tour is doing really well," Tae says proudly as he plays a song on the piano for me.

Tae kept his word and tried to come by as much as his schedule allowed throughout the past year, and his skills have improved so much. He can sit and play songs while singing along.

"I'm so proud of how far he has come on his own while the guys complete their service." I smile. "Let's not forget about you as well. Listen to you, Tae! You sound amazing now!"

"I had a great teacher!" he smiles proudly and pats the piano bench next to him.

Happily sliding in next to him, I begin to play a melody, he jumps right in, and I love hearing him singing in a bluesy tone.

"Lily," he says, his tone sounds uncharacteristically serious; I stop playing and turn my attention towards him.

"I have a serious question. I've talked to the company, and I want to release a jazz/blues mixtape, but I want you to produce it in conjunction with the company. Remember that jazz track you sent me so long ago when you said I should follow my jazz music dreams? That is the sound I want. Would you consider signing a contract with us? Please?"

"Oh wow, Tae! I can't believe you are finally going to make the album of your dreams!"

"Yes, and can we please have one duet of the both of us on it. It would mean so much to me if I could have one song of us singing together."

"Oh Tae, are you sure? I have so many connections now. I could find you a beautiful singer that would really suit your tastes!"

"C'mon, Lily. Don't be afraid. It would just be one song, and you won't ever have to perform it live. Please? For me?"

He is giving me his damn Ta-Ta Mic face trying to convince me, but I'm still so hesitant.

Suddenly I hear someone clearing their throat.

"Sign the contract, Lily. There's work to be done....." I hear from a deep tone from behind us. The familiar words trickle over me, raising goosebumps across my skin.

I whip my head around, and there he is, Yoongi leaning against my studio doorframe. He has a buzzcut and looks handsome as ever, and in his hands is a bag full of take-out food and a bouquet of beautiful flowers that look exactly like the ones he gave me on the night of our first date.

"Yoongi?" I try to say, but the words come out as a half-whisper.

"Hyung! I heard you'd be out soon. Welcome back!" Tae runs over, giving Yoongi a giant hug while I sit with my jaw on the floor, watching the scene unravel.

"Hey, Taehyung. It's good to see you." Yoongi doesn't even try and fight him, he just lets Tae tackle him, but his eyes never leave mine.

"We'll catch up soon," he says quietly, giving Tae a look.

Tae isn't dumb; he catches on fast. "I can't wait! I'm going to head out, but Lil, please think over my offer. Please!"

"I promise to think about it." I breathe out, my eyes focused on Yoongi.

I'm frozen in place as he stares at me with a half-smile from his place in the doorway.

"You're....you're home now?" I finally manage to question.