Chapter Fourteen

Namjoon and I work the rest of the day, and I'm exhausted. When he takes his leave, I lay down on the couch for a bit, and I can feel my eyes getting heavy.

I will just close them for a few minutes.

-------------------------

I hear a quiet giggle, and I startle awake, gasping as I clutch my chest.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Lily, I didn't mean to wake you up! I came in to visit, and, well, you were snoring," Hobi giggles softly.

"Oh Hobi, it's you. It's OK! Snoring, huh?" I say, a bit embarrassed as I rub my eyes and sit up slowly, trying to bring the room into focus. "What time is it?"

"It's almost nine p.m.," he says, sitting down next to me.

"What have you been up to?"

I take a long sip of water to refresh and look Hobi over. How does he always look expensive, even when he's dressed for work in the dance studio? Today he is in a simple pair of white drop waist sweatpants, an olive green t-shirt, and white athletic shoes, and somehow he looks like a million dollars.

"Working on choreography, I just finished, but when I was heading out, I saw the light faintly through the frosted glass," he points at my studio door, "I thought I would check in on you."

I watch as he runs his hands through his slightly damp hair that's pushed out of his face by a white headband

I watch as he runs his hands through his slightly damp hair that's pushed out of his face by a white headband. I note that he looks tired and how sweet it is that he stopped in instead of running right home to wash up.

"Why are you the sweetest man on earth?" I say as I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Lily, ugh, I'm sweaty and gross; you might not want to do that."

"I don't care if you don't care." I shrug. "I'm probably pretty ripe after my nap and apparently my snoring!"

He smiles and puts his arm around me. Hobi and I have quickly become like family. Sometimes he just comes by and chats with me. I've learned all about his sister and his brother-in-law. I love hearing the pride in his voice when he brags about his sister's accomplishments. He also has a deep appreciation for his parents, and I am always fully invested in hearing about what it was like to grow up with a family that loves each other.

Another wonderful characteristic about Hobi is that he asks me about my life as well. We've naturally progressed into this relationship where we can share intimate details of our lives because we share a bond that only a deep level of trust allows. We've both marveled at the fact that, in most instances, we are the kind of people who tend to keep our troubles bottled up inside, but for some reason, it's different with each other.  Sometimes I don't know how we became such a duo so quickly, but I am so grateful we have. We are like two misfits that find solace in each other's company.

"I'm so comfortable with you. I think if we stay this way, I may fall asleep too. We should go home. Come with me. I will have my driver drop you off first."

"Hobi, no way. I can take the train. You've been working your ass off. You need to get home and rest."

"No, don't be ridiculous. Get up! You are coming with me," he commands.

I smile and get up. I know there is no use in arguing. Some people think Hobi is only this hopeful guy who is jumpy and afraid of bugs, but he really isn't. In fact, Hobi is quite confident but without being overbearing. If we hadn't clicked as friends right away, his confidence would have been a big turn-on for me.

"Yes, Sir!" I smile, and we head out.

I'm going to miss this when my contract is over.