Chapter Fifty-Eight

Yoongi's Point of View

"Did you guys see? Lily's gone viral!" Hobi says excitedly as we filter into the practice room.

"One of her songs?" I try to act casual, but my heart is in my throat.

"No, from defending us! Look up her name, Hyung. She was amazing! She's everywhere!"

I pull out my phone and take a look. There she is, acting like a rock star taking down some jackass that wanted to take a shot at us. She handles herself so well, but she also puts on a show the way she licks her lip and looks into the camera. There is my Lily using all those things her K-Pop industry background has prepared her for, and even though I know it's for show, and I've made the same gestures with my eyes and my tongue a million times, I still fall for it when Lily does it.

I've been trying to drown myself with work, but she's never far from my thoughts, and I often find myself daydreaming about our kisses and how she gave herself so sweetly to me when we were in bed. I would do anything if I could just have her in my arms one more time. I'd even listen to her ramble on about her ridiculous love for Boston sports teams.

I get jealous that Hobi texts with her every day, but there really isn't much I can do to fix us. I broke us in a way that is unsalvageable. All I can do is follow her journey from afar.

My head is spinning with my thoughts, and I don't even notice when Jimin strolls up, "You guys are watching Lily, aren't you?"

My eyes are glued to the screen, and I don't even answer. When Hobi walks over to talk to some staff members about today's practice, Jimin comes closer.

"You know she is performing at a festival in L.A. during the same time we will be there. Joon is already talking about getting her a luxury box and convincing her to come to one of our shows."

I shoot a look at him, "Since when is Joon so interested in Lily?"

"Since when has anybody not been interested in Lily? Come on, Hyung, don't be ignorant."

I scrunch my nose and look into the distance. I have been so wrapped up with my own feelings I haven't much thought about anybody else's.

"You should text her. Tell her she did well today. Something, Yoongi, put the olive branch out there before you lose her for good."

"I'm pretty sure I already lost her for good months ago. She hates me."

"I think you know that isn't true," Jimin says softly with empathetic eyes.

"At least try to communicate with her a little, or you are going to be suffering when you see her in L.A. You know she and Hobi aren't going to be able to stay away from each other if they are in the same city! Even a text would be a start." Jimin says, gently patting me on the shoulder before he joins Hobi.

What can I send her? I want to tell her to come back to me, beg her to forgive me, tell her I want her in my life every second of every day, but I know she will never trust me again. We are in complete disrepair.

I try and shut off my brain and instead just make a move. I type and hit send before I can change my mind.

It's simple, it's not condescending, and it lets her know I'm thinking of her. I'm afraid to write anything more or anything less.

I see she has read my message right away, but then she doesn't respond. The minutes drag on and on, and still nothing. She just leaves me on Read.

We are leaving for L.A. again in a few days, and things are crazy busy. I can't keep staring at my phone as we need to get through an entire rundown of our show today during practice. I put my phone down and walk away. I had a feeling she wouldn't respond but having it come to fruition is more than I can bear to think about right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily's POV

I was so overwhelmed with everything that has occurred, on top of getting home from my gig in the early morning hours, I fell into a deep sleep after reading Yoongi's message.

Jerking awake, sleepily I wipe my hands over my eyes and remember I haven't answered Yoongi, and it's been hours! I pick up my phone and type:

Lily: Thank you.

It seems stupid to write, but I'm so terrified of making a wrong move that I just keep it simple. I slide off the bed and pad to the bathroom, my mind thinking about Yoongi and what could be going through his mind, but no matter how I run the scenarios, I'm just left unsure. When I come back from the bathroom, I find he's replied.

Yoongi: You're welcome. I mean it.

I didn't think he would actually respond to my reply. There are a million things I want to say to him, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. I wish I could take back that day when everything went wrong.

Now that I've had months to reflect about our situation, I can see Yoongi meant well, but his disregard for my wishes broke me into a million pieces at the time. However, remembering his reaction when I told him he wasn't welcome in my life anymore kills me; it was like I plunged an arrow into his chest.

Sitting on my bed, I think about all the intimate moments I've shared with Yoongi, and the one thing we never mess up is when we communicate through music, so I decide that is what I need to do now because no text will do me justice at this moment.

Whenever I've felt heartbreak over Yoongi throughout my time back in America, I listened to the same song on repeat, so I decide to send him a link to the song.

I send a link:  "Breakeven" by The Script. I just need him to know that even though he's moved on, my heart is still a mess.

I'm riddled with nervousness and pure exhaustion. My eyes are barely open, and I can feel the heaviness pushing on my unsuspecting eyelids.

I miss Hobi, my heart is broken over Yoongi, and my friendship with Joon has become confusing. I go back to sleep for a few more hours, and when I turn my phone over, I find another message waiting for me.

Yoongi: I'm not okay either.

Yoongi: Link shared: John Legend, "Ordinary People."

This is the song that breaks me; my heart feels like it's clutching in my chest. I've had so much time to think about what has occurred between us, and I keep telling myself it is all for the best that we don't see each other, but it's more me trying to convince myself more than anything else.

Yoongi: Please, come to the show in L.A.

Lily: I will.