Chapter Thirty-Five

I continue packing, and even though it's late, I'm craving a cup of tea. I know I shouldn't have caffeine this late in the night, but I ignore reason and head to my favorite kitchenette.

I push the door to the balcony open with my hip as I carefully balance my hot cup in my hands.

The nights are growing colder now, but it still feels refreshing. A shiver makes its way down my spine when I'm met with the chilly night air. Breathing in deeply, I pray the cold air will make me feel alive again.

"You're here late," the languid tones of Yoongi's voice melt over me as he saddles up next to me.

"You are too," I reply, giving him a genuine smile, hoping he knows it is filled with all the thankfulness I have for him rectifying my Minjun problem. He flashes a genuine smile my way, and I'm glad that we are in a better place.

"I've been packing. Next week is my last week. What a whirlwind this has been," I say carefully as we look out into the darkness. "Look at the moon," I murmur with a nod.

In my peripheral vision, I see him look into the sky and take in a perfect moon that seems like it was placed in the sky just for us to admire.

"All for you," he murmurs.

I stand paralyzed. His words fall upon a blanket of silence between us.

My breath labors while my heart beats wildly in my chest, desperately urging me to tell him how I feel. I don't understand why this man insists on setting my soul on fire whenever I'm near him. 

I finally break the silence, "It's getting cold, I think I need to head back."

He nods and opens the balcony door for me to walk through first. I nod a thank you at him as we move towards our studio spaces.

"What keeps you here so late?" I inquire.

"Oh, I've been working on a few tracks. I write down some ideas on scraps of paper as they come to mind. Other times, like tonight, there are ideas I like to record snippets of to reference for future projects. I'm having a creative streak lately and I don't want to lose the momentum."

I nod in understanding as we approach my studio door.

"Lily, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Namjoon mentioned you were going out on Saturday."

"Yeah," I say, wondering where this is going.

"Is it a date?"

"Oh, no. He's just taking me 'Namjooning.' We've been planning it for a long while, and I want to make sure we actually did it before I go back to my own company and I fade into a distant memory to you all."

"Do you think he knows it's not a date?"

I turn to look at Yoongi, my face puzzled. "Of course! Joon is not interested in me. I'm under a contract, remember? Nobody here is interested in me like that." I struggle to keep the frustration out of my voice. I can't be angry with Yoongi because he's not interested in me. That's unfair.

"Are you sure about that?" He replies, his intense eyes holding me in place with his gaze. I breathe deeply, trying not to lose myself in the rich brown tones of his eyes.

"Of course," I scoff. "I think I'd be able to tell by now," I shrug.

"OK, then. If you are sure."

I shake my head at Yoongi and roll my eyes. I'm done with him being cryptic, and though I've been playful with many of the members, it has never been more than that. The only person I thought I was having a moment with was Yoongie, and he proved me wrong about that.

"Goodnight, Yoongi."

"Goodnight, Lily.

It's time to go back to NORAE. I'm ready.