Chapter Forty-Three

"Darling, I have to leave. I will call you later." I hear Yoongi's voice faintly in my ear. His soft lips place a kiss on my forehead. Shortly after, I hear the whoosh of my apartment door opening before it clicks shut as he departs before anyone can discover he was here overnight.

My eyes are still heavy with sleep when I roll over into the spot where Yoongi slept. Inhaling deeply, I can still smell the scent of his cologne lingering. Unable to fight my need to sleep, I drift off again, thinking about him and trying to push Minjun out of my mind.

My bladder wakes me a while later, and I drag myself to the bathroom to relieve myself. Bending gingerly over the faucet, I splash lukewarm water over my face, washing away the remnants of what was simultaneously the best and worst night of my life. Staring at myself in the mirror as I wash my hands, I frown at how swollen my eyes are. I look like I've been hit by a bus.

As I crawl back into bed and grab my cell phone to look at the time, I'm met with unexpected notifications.

Message from Namjoon: Lily, you need to call me right now.

Message from Namjoon: Lily, wake up, text me, contact me, hurry.

Message from Namjoon: Lily, call me. It's critical you call me back!

Message from Hobi: Lily, you need to call Namjoon or me.

Message from Hobi: Call one of us! I can't go to your place right now. Please, Lily, wake up!

The messages startle me, the timestamps indicating they came in before dawn but after Yoongi left. Hands shaking, I call Namjoon.

"Joon, what is going on?"

"Lily, listen to me. We need to get you out of there right now!"

"What? What are you talking about, out of where?"

"Your apartment. You aren't safe. Minjun leaked pictures on the internet. You are about to be swarmed by the press, and it isn't going to be safe for you there."

"Oh my God," I can feel the panic overcome my voice. "OK, uhhh, uhhhh," my mind is scrambled while I try to take in all the information.

"Lily, listen to me. I have a driver on the way who is going to pick you up from the side entrance of your building in about fifteen minutes."

"Holy shit," is all I can manage to say.

"Lily, I want you to grab a bag, a suitcase, whatever you have, and fill it with as much clothing as you can in the next few minutes. Grab whatever you need from your bathroom, your phone, charger, whatever you need to get by. It's probably going to be a long time before you can safely go back there."

The gravity of the situation is starting to hit me silently as my brain races. My life could be in danger if an unstable sasaeng finds me.

"Lily, the driver is going to text you when he's there. I'm getting you somewhere safe."

No words escape me, and I don't realize that I'm just nodding my head up and down.

"Lily? Lily!"

"Yes,"

"Lil, do you understand what to do?"

"Yes, Joonie."

"Good girl, go now! I will be in touch in a few hours. Now! Hurry!"

I grab the large rolling suitcase that I used when I moved to Korea and start blindly tossing as much of my wardrobe as I can into it. I frantically add in underwear, bras, socks, everything I can manage, my hands moving as fast as they can. Running to the bathroom with a tote bag, I swipe the contents of my medicine cabinet into it carelessly as well as my shower items, all the while trying to focus on the task and not my quivering hands.