Chapter Nine

The next day I meet with all the members in a smaller conference room, and we start discussing what they may like to have their next comeback look like

The next day I meet with all the members in a smaller conference room, and we start discussing what they may like to have their next comeback look like. We discuss the many eras they have progressed through, and I listen intensely as they describe all the different looks and kinds of music they have made.

"Lily, what is your favorite BTS era?" Taehyung asks, flashing his boxy smile. His hair is a bit disheveled with soft curls, and he looks like he's rolled out of bed. The word "smoldering" keeps running through my mind, and I momentarily wonder what it would be like waking up next to that face every day and running my hands through his gorgeous mop of hair.

Jesus, Lily. You have been alone far too long. You are attracted to every single one of these guys. Holy, depraved. Get a hold of yourself!

"I like different songs that I've heard. There is a kind of energy that I really love that comes from songs like Mic Drop, Idol, and DNA. However, I really like songs like Spring Day or Save Me. Fake Love; those lyrics speak to me, but I also like Blood, Sweat, and Tears."

They seem pleased, but I'm not done. "However, I really love the solo work as well. Filter is downright sexy. The performance video I saw, wow, just wow, Jimin!" He blushes and looks down for a moment, but I can tell he's pleased.

"Sweet Night, my gosh V, that is perfection. Seriously, chefs kiss!" I say, kissing my fingers into the air.

"JK's cover of Harry's, Falling brought literal tears to my eyes. I actually sobbed the first time I heard it!" The members nod in agreement, and JK is beaming.

"All the Cyphers, Bapsae....Good God, I could go on and on about your song catalog about something about each of you. There is really something for every mood, and if I keep going, we aren't going to get any work done. One declaration that I must make before we go on, though....it really isn't that hard to take off Converse.....that's all I'm saying," I smirk with a wink. The room erupts into laughter, and they seem pleasantly surprised I have been doing my homework.

"What I want to know is what you want to showcase. I mean, what is it musically that you want to convey?"

I look around the room, and there are a lot of blank stares. "Anything come to mind?' I question.

RM finally breaks the silence, "I'd like people to know that we are talented. We aren't just manufactured. We love what we do, and we want people to really be part of that with us. ARMY already gets it, but there are still so many haters. Though part of me thinks, 'fuck haters,' but then again, we've worked so hard to get where we are...." he trails off.

I look at his face, he looks exasperated, and I can see how idol life really can take a toll on their hearts. "That is beautiful, truly. Thank you for sharing," I say quietly.

I take a long look out the window and mull it over for a bit. "I think what we need to do is write a song that conveys all of what you just described but through emotion. A song that is so impactful that when the listener hears it, it breaks their hearts into a million pieces because they understand what it is like to be broken. Right? That's the one thing we all have in common. Not everyone has experienced happiness, not everyone can easily grab on to a hopeful moment when they are drowning in despair, but we've all experienced being broken at some point."