Chapter Eight

I haven't spent much time with the members for the last two days

I haven't spent much time with the members for the last two days. It's a whirlwind of setting up my workstation the way I prefer it. Being at Big Hit is overwhelming because my company is so small, our building is just one floor, and we all know each other well. This building is enormous, and there are so many staff members keeping things running.

It is funny to me that people seem to think male Idols have no contact with the opposite sex. This place is dripping in women from the stylists to hair and makeup, all the way to the Marketing and Human Resources department, and these women are absolutely stunning. In fact, it is intimidating to come in rocking my strawberry blond hair and a curvy backside, and then stand in an elevator with these women who are so thin and well-appointed. They look like they could be models. It's truly surreal.

Basically, I feel like a bit of a mess, but I have to remind myself that everyone has their worth, even if it is not aligned to the beauty standards here. Every woman has value no matter their outside appearance, and I try to lean into those thoughts when I'm feeling a bit insecure.

People are friendly but reserved, and I feel strange being the "new foreigner" in the building after having moved from that feeling so long ago at my own company.

I've discovered a few kitchenettes throughout the building with hot water to make coffee and tea, and I'm relieved there is a place where I can feed my tea addiction. One such kitchen has a few tables and is flanked on one side by glass panels. There is a narrow balcony where you can get some air as well, which is a welcome sight since I know I will be holed up in my windowless studio much of my time here. It will be nice to take some fresh air breaks when needed.

I try to balance my crutches and carry some hot tea over to a chair, but it's proving to be a challenge. As I'm trying to maneuver, I hear a voice to my left, and suddenly the tea is being lifted out of my hands.

"Here, let me help you with that." I'm surprised when a tall, handsome man starts walking away with my tea and sets it down on a table for me.

"Thank you so much. I'm so embarrassed, but I genuinely appreciate the help!" I say as I make my way to an accompanying chair.

"It's my pleasure! I'm Minjun. I'm a producer for TXT." He grins with a set of sparkling white teeth. "You must be Lily; we've heard rumors down on our floor of the building that a beautiful woman was working with the BTS boys."

I can feel the blush rise up through my skin, and I smile. The flattery is almost too much for me to handle.

"Well, I don't know about all that, but yes, I'm Lily. It's nice to meet you, Minjun."

Minjun isn't what I would call shy. He makes himself a cup of coffee and sits down without waiting for an invitation, and then he immediately starts teasing me about my choice of tea over coffee and discussing what kind of person he thinks would make such a choice.

"You are a rebel! Who makes such a choice when they can enjoy an Americano? I mean, you are an actual American, I hear. Doesn't that make drinking Americanos part of your genetic makeup?" He teases and gently brushes his hand over mine without hesitation, which takes me utterly by surprise.