Chapter 14

I wake up breathing heavily and groan as I hear someone pounding on my door.

" What so you want." I croak rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

" I wanted to apologize for making you kiss Harry last night." I hear Abis voice through the door.

"It's okay I guess." I say getting up, carelessly ripping the stockings of my legs and I grab a shirt to put on." I bought you cookies to make up for it." She says opening the door with a plate of cookies and I snatch it from her hand biting into one.

" I also told Harry to back off so he won't be bothering you for a while." She shrugs.

"Thank you." I say hugging her.

" Yeah, so I have to go to work." she laughs and I gasp, I have Chemistry today.

" I just realized I have chem today." I push her out and set the plate on my nightstand. I put on a black crop top and a floral skater skirt. I put on light makeup and slip on black boots, inspecting my outfit in the mirror I frown feeling that something is missing. I go over to my jewelry box and rummage through it until I come across a gold chain with a heart shaped locket, I open the locket and look at the picture remember the day I got this.

Mother told me that daddy will be coming home from one of his important business trips today so she made me put on this itchy blue dress that I despise. Daddy isn't home a lot but when he is, he always brings me a present and mother doesn't yell at me as much. I jump when I hear mother calling me down, I quickly lift my dress and run down the stairs to stand behind her by the door. I hear the doorknob turn and I start bouncing up and down anticipation coursing through me.

"Hey honey, I missed you." Daddy says and kisses mothers perfectly made up face as she smiles, one of the few times I have ever seen her genuinely smile.

"And how could I forget my princess." he says picking me up twirling me around, I giggle and squeal like any 11 year old girl and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I missed you daddy." I say and he puts me down.

" I got you both a present. I'll give you yours later honey, would you mind getting me a drink?" He asks mother and she walks to the kitchen. He pulls out a tiny box from his pocket, extending his hand down so I could reach it. I grab it excitedly and open it to reveal a tiny gold heart shaped locket that has "Tale as old as time" and a rose carefully engraved on it, I recognize the quote from my favorite princess movie. I open the locket and it has a picture of Daddy and I from before he left a few months ago.

" I got this just for you princess, now if you ever find yourself feeling sad I want you to look at this locket and think of all the good times we've had together, even when you are a big girl and you find your prince that will love you as much as I do put him and you in the other side of the locket so each of us will have a place in your heart. I love you very much, don't ever forget that." He says lovingly and takes the locket from my small hand, gently clasping it around my neck.

" I love you too Daddy." I say hugging his waist tightly because I know he is the only one that truly loves me.

That was the last good memory I had of my father after IT happened, but I don't want to think about that right now. I clasp the chain around my neck and turn off the lights.

" Oh my god Zayn you are going to kill me." I say as he releases me from his tight hug and I let out a breath.

" Sorry, I just havent seen you in

forever." He exclaims and I roll my eyes.

"It's only been 2 days." I laugh and the professor comes in telling us to pair up because we will be doing a lab today, Zayn and I instantly link arms and walk over to a lab table to wait for instructions.

" You are coming to the cafe with me." Zayn says pulling me in the direction of the small cafe we usually go to, I know resisting him is useless so I just let him drag me. I don't have work until 5 anyways so I still have a few hours to waste.

" So how is everything going with Harry?" Zayn asks and I cringe, a chill creeping up my spine at the mention of his name.

"Still creeping me out." I say taking a sip of my latte savoring the taste.

"Well that sucks, he is a pretty good looking guy." Zayn shakes his head.

" Well I got dared to kiss him last night, but he didn't even give me a chance he just grabbed my face and kissed me." I say frustrated and I don't even know why.

"What!" Zayn yells earning a few glares from the people around us.

" Yeah, it sucks because that was my first kiss." I always imagined my first kiss being magical but it was just a drunken mistake.

" You are 19 years old and that was your first kiss, I wouldn't be surprised if my best friend is the next virgin Mary." He exclaims loudly and my cheeks heat up.

"Be quite will you." I nudge his arm glaring at him."

"Alright sorry, but how was it?" He says resting his chin on his hands.

" We only kissed for like 3 seconds before I got up and ran away." I shrug trying to brush it off as nothing but in reality Harry took something from me that belonged to someone else.

" You have got to get laid." Zayn groans.

"I'm so done with you, goodbye." I say getting up grabbing my bag and go to throw my trash away hearing his laughter behind me.

When I get back to my apartment I open the door and scream once I see Harry looking at the pictures Abi and I have hanging on the wall.

" What the heck! How did you get in here?" I yell softly making him turn to me with a smile.

" Abi gave Niall a key." He says smirking. Of course she did.

" Alright but why are you here." I cross my arms over my chest.

" I wanted to properly apologize for kissing you like that and also walking in on you while you were almost naked. Will you forgive me?" He asks, his eyes showing nothing but sincerity.

" It's okay, can you leave now I need to go to work." I sigh wanting more than anything for him to leave.

" Can-can I hug you." He asks nervously his voice wavering, but before I could even answer his tattooed arms are wrapped around my small body.

" Um could you let me go." I say not used to being held so lovingly.

" Not until you hug me back." He whispers in my ear making me question his sanity.

" N-no let me go." I stutter and start squirming out of his tight grip.

" Leave me alone Harry, I just want you to go away and stop bothering me." I say coldly and I see his eyes fill with hurt.

" I'm sorry...I won't bother you anymore, bye petals." He says sadly and walks out the apartment door making me sigh and run my hand through my hair. I hope he keeps his word.

A/N hey guys so someone commented saying they wanted me to update so I did because I'm awesome and she's even more awesome. So i want to leave a shout out to Darzy101for commenting so yeah idek comment and vote because i'm super rad okay byees

Love was something you never heard enough

MariahXx

Words:1344