Chapter 1

I hear my alarm clock go off, I groan pushing my comforter off my body I sit up on the edge of my bed. I stretch my arms before leaving the warmth of my bed and groggily walking into the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a warm shower, hoping it will relax my tense muscles from the night before. Once I'm finished I walk back to my room making sure the curtains are closed this time before putting on my work clothes which consists of black dress pants and a white button up shirt and my all black converse. I apply some mascara and some eyeliner looking at my plain brown eyes with a sigh, my mother never liked how plain my eyes were. I put on some lip gloss and look at the deep rings under my eyes from my lack of sleep last night. I put on some concealer and hope that no one will notice, I brush my light brown hair and pull it into a ponytail. Once I'm finished making myself look presentable I grab my phone and purse, heading out to the kitchen to grab a banana. I hear Abi leave her room a few minutes later.

"When you get home you are telling me why you were late last night , I was really worried." I hear Abi say sternly and I laugh.

"Okay sure, it's not even that big of a deal but I have to go, goodbye Abi." I say finishing my banana and throwing the peel away. I yell another goodbye then head out the door, pulling my thin jacket tighter around my body, I should really invest in a warmer coat.

I walk for about 10 minutes when I have a strange feeling of someone watching me. I stop and look behind me, I don't see anyone so I turn my head to look over and again only see a few pedestrians too engrossed in their phones to the point where one lady ran into the man in front of her, laughing I brush the feeling off and continue walking until I reach the back door to the small bakery. I smile at Paul who just pulled out a fresh batch of cupcakes.

"Are those chocolate?" I ask eyeing the cupcakes.

"Yes and they are for the customers, so no sneaking any while I'm not looking." He jokes and I laugh while grabbing my apron. He knows me to well.

"You better open up, you can work the register today." He says and I nod, walking to the front door flipping the sign to 'OPEN' and unlocking the door, then I go behind the register and wait for customers to arrive. I think about the text that I got last night and that green eyed man that haunted my dreams.

15 minutes later I am snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the bell on the door jingle signaling someone has entered.

"Hello, welcome to Pauls bakery, how may-" I stop midsentence when I look up to see a pair of green eyes, and messy brown hair that looked like he had ran his hand through it many times, I cough and collect myself, of course my mothers strict words creep into the back of my mind, a proper lady would never stop speaking right in the middle of her sentence especially in front of a man.

" I am truly sorry about that, what would you like today sir?" I ask kindly, putting on my best smile.

"You." He smirks and my eyes widen.

"Sorry sir but I'm not on the menu, if you are having trouble choosing I would recommend the cinnamon buns." I say referring to the freshly baked cinnamon buns that just came out of the oven, he laughs and looks at my name tag. I hear him mutter my name quietly before he smiles at me.

" Sure I'll take two cinnamon buns, my names Harry by the way." He says still smiling at me and I noticed he had dimples, which made him look adorable despite his dark clothing and tattoos trailing up his arm.

"That will be $5.80" I say and he hands me the money.

" Do you want to join me?" He asks and I look over to Paul who is busy in the kitchen,then look to the empty bakery. It doesn't usually get busy until noon time anyways.

" Sure, but if a customer comes in I have to get back to work." I say and he nods his head. I grab two cinnamon buns, putting them in a little box and hand them to Harry.

" I understand." He says and I step out from behind the register and pick a table closest to the door.

" Do you want one?" He asks offering me a cinnamon bun and I nod hesitantly taking a bite of the cinnamon bun and my eyes flutter close from the delicious taste. I open my eyes to see Harry staring at me with wide eyes.

" So...uh do you want to play twenty questions?" He asks coughing awkwardly.

"Sure."

"Alright, whats your favorite colour?" He asks.

" Green, whats yours?" I say wiping my mouth with my napkin.

" Orange." He says and smiles.

"How old are you?" I ask.

"I'm 20."

" I'm 19." I say waiting for his next question.

" Do you have a boyfriend?" He asks something unrecognizable in his pale green eyes. I opened my mouth but I hear the bell ring and see an old man walk in.

"Sorry, I need to go. I'll give you the money for the cinnamon bun that I ate, and no I don't have one." I say quickly getting up gathering our trash and throw it away. When I come back to say goodbye , the seat is empty, nothing is left there except a ripped piece of paper, I grab it and walk behind the register.

"Sorry about that sir, what would you like this morning?" I ask giving him a smile.

" I would like a blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee." He says softly. I tell him the price and he hands me the money, I go and bag up the muffin and fill up a cup of coffee then carefully hand them to him not wanting to spill the hot liquid on him. Once he leaves and sits at a table in the corner he pulls out a newspaper and begins sipping his coffee. I look at the note, my curiosity getting the best of me I reach down unfolding it and look at the surprisingly neat handwriting.

Autumn

Come to the park tonight at 8

-Harryxx

A/N so here is the first chapter I dont really have anything to say other so....tell me if you liked it. This book will contain a butt ton of smut because I have a dirty mind. GUESS THE LYRICS (they are all one direction) Read my new story Anarchy please. I'm really excited for it so yeah byess

Maybe its the way she walked

MariahXx

Words:1160