The Letter from Hogwarts

Third Person POV

Her birthday was a quiet affair at Nightingale Hall. Not many knew Rhaenyra was back and so it was just her and Cygnus, but Rhaenyra didn't mind.

The Princess of Fire was given a three headed dragon pendant from Cygnus, which had belonged to her mother. The dragon was made from rubies on an obsidian chain.

Another gift was a female snowy owl she was going to name Athena, but the owl had screeched threateningly when she suggested it. Several minutes of intense negotiation later and bits of an apple they settled for Silverwing, after Good Queen Alysanne's dragon.

It was a good birthday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rhaenyra held her dragon egg, studying it. Then she took a deep breathed and sent her magic into it.

There was a loud crack and she closed her eyes against the pieces of the dragon egg, but when she opened her eyes, there in her hands sat a very large black and green baby dragon with wildfire green eyes.

"Hello Ragnarok." Rhaenyra smiled. Silverwing let out a sleepy hoot to greet her new companion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was shortly after breakfast on July 24th, when Rhaenyra was reading on one of the benches in the gardens of Nightingale Hall, when the owl landed next to her, and stuck out its leg.

A letter was attacked to it.

The Dark Dragon saw the symbol of Hogwarts on the letter and calmly took the letter, and the owl flew away.

The black and silver haired girl eagerly opened her letter, to see what it said.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

 Ms. Black-Targaryen,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

The Black Heiress wrote down a quick reply letter.

Dear professor McGonagall

I accept your invitation to Hogwarts.

Yours sincerely.

Heiress Black

Rhaenrya headed for the owlery, making sure not to wake up the week old Ragnarok(who was sleeping around her neck).

Once there, the Snowbond Dragon woke up Silverwing, who gave her the stink eye for waking her up, and tied the letter around Silverwing's leg.

"Take the letter to Hogwarts. Cygnus say's there is an Owlery there so you can sleep once you get there." the purple eyed girl said, stroking Silverwing's feathers.

Silverwing nipped her mistress's fingers affectionately before flying into the sky. Rhaenyra watched until Silverwing could no longer be seen before heading down to inform her great uncle of the Hogwarts letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You got it?" Cygnus said, looking up from his herbology book.

"Yup." Rhaenyra nodded.

"Good. Will go there, say, July 31st?" Cygnus said. "I have a few meetings."

"Its okay. I'll practice my magic until you're ready." Rhaenrya said before leaving the greenhouse.

Rhaenyra knew that she would most likely be attacked for her Father's crimes, so Cygnus encouraged her to learn magic. After all, in the home of a magical couple, magic couldn't be sensed due to the wards protecting the home.

Rhaenrya headed to the gardens to practice her magic, Ragnarok waking up and then flying around her for the rest of the day.

For such an intimidating dragon, he was a huge softy on the inside.

But Ragnarok was perfect, and Rhaenyra couldn't ask for him to be any different.

Ragnarok, Rhaenyra's dragon and official mount. He's the only child of Balerion the Black Dread, and I meant for him to look tough and scary. He'll grow to be bigger then his father.

Also I'm using the same picture for Abbadon, Visenya's fist dragon in 'FIRE & FIERCE' by beegregsx. So I hope you don't mind this but this picture is perfect for Ragnarok.