Ambush in the Hallways

Third Person POV

Not many things happened in Hogwarts for a few months.

Harry Potter had joined the Gryffindor Quidditch Team and Rhaenyra was calling favoritism.

Flitwick and Rhaenyra's lessons of dueling usually involved Rhaenyra trying to dodge an onslaught of curses, spells, hexes, and jinxes while she tried to do the same. Then she would be taught a new spell, and the lessons would end.

On the plus side, she new seventeen jinxes, ten curses, eight hexes, and twenty new spells.

School had gone normally. Potions, Herbology, Astronomy, Charms(where they were taught everyday charms by Flitwick), History of Magic(she was skipping in favor of using that period to do homework and study), and Flying.

Rhaenyra dreamed of Ragnarok being big enough to fly on one day. Like her Targaryen ancestors!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's wrong with Black-Targaryen?" Harry asked Ron one day.

Ron looked uneasy. He glanced over to the purple eyed Ravenclaw. "Her entire family has been Dark Harry. She's called the Girl Who Died because everyone thought she was dead. And her father was a traitor. Best stay away from her mate."

Harry nodded, but couldn't help but glance over at her again. Something about her seemed... familiar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Black-Targaryen." Blaise greeted her.

"Zabini. What do you want?" Rhaenyra said, looking up from one of her books about mathematics. She refused to fall behind in mundane schooling and Harmonia had agreed.

"A tutor." the Heir of House Zabini.

"Pass. You know how precarious my position is? If I ally with a Slytherin I'm basically asking for Ravenclaw's and Gryffindors to attack me. Pretty sure some Slytherins would join in the fun as well." the Princess of Fire said flatly.

"You sure?" the Black Snake said.

"Of course. Maybe over summer break." Rhaenyra shrugged and returned to her book. Then she checked the time and cursed, it was almost time for her dueling lessons.

"By the way, you might want to be on the look out." Blaise said.

Confused but paranoid already Rhaenyra drew her wand as she left the library.

"GET THE IMPOSTER!" a voice screamed the moment she stepped out of the library. Spells flew at her and Rhaenyra sighed.

The Black Family magic automatically created a shield around its heiress. The spells bounced and the Ravenclaws and Slytherins looked stunned.

"Think I'm an imposter now?" the Ravenclaw witch said coldly. "LUMOS!"

She accidentally overpowered the spell and closed her eyes. When she opened them, all of her attacks were on the floor, crying out in fear.

Draco looked at her in fear. "Next time, I'm calling for a blood feud." the Targaryen Princess said coldly.

"BOMBORDA!" Lex yelled. The spell bounced off the shield.

"Seriously Sanders? Don't you know any other spell?" Rhaenyra snarked, spinning to face him.

"Die Black! You'll pay for what you did to my father! You're the Queen of Dragons, so everyone will thank me when you die!" Lex yelled. "BOMBORDA!"

"Stupefy!" the newly dubbed the Queen of Dragons cast. Lex fell over and the shield vanished.

"I seriously need to contact Uncle Cygnus to press charges against House Sanders." she grumbled and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Uncle Cygnus

I have been doing well. Blaise Zabini warned me of an attack so try to help House Zabini.

I'm looking forward to the Yule Holidays. May my friends Heir Lestrange, Heir Fawley, and Heir Longbottom join us?

Perhaps we should invite the Zabini's as thanks for Blaise's tip off.

Your niece

Rhaenyra

The first year tucked the letter in an envelope, closed the envelope, and then headed for the Owlery.

The Owlery of Hogwarts was a circular stone room, rather cold and draughty in Rhaenyra's opinion, because none of the windows had glass in them.

The lack of glass in the windows however allowed the owls to come and go freely. The floor was entirely covered in straw, owl droppings, and the regurgitated skeletons of mice and voles that rose right up to the top of the tower.

Silverwing was on a perch between Selene, Ivan's owl, and the owl Hedwig that belonged to Harry Potter.

"Hey girl." Rhaenyra said, letting Silverwing clamber onto her arm. She headed for one of the ledges, trying the letter around one of Silverwing's legs. "Get this to Cygnus okay?"

Silverwing nipped her ear affectionally. Rhaenyra stroked her before the snowy owl took off into the sky.

That is today's chapter. I hoped you enjoyed it.