Lestrange Trials

Third Person POV

"A letter from your son." the guard sneered.

Ivan. Rodolphus thought. My boy I miss you and I am so sorry. I left you alone.

Rodolphus took the letter and read it.

Dear Father

I'll always be the child you raised.

Your child.

Ivan Lestrange.

Rodolphus read it, and broke into sobs. Ivan didn't blame him, he could still be a father to his son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day of the trials came. Ivan, his aunt Maria Brieller, Rhaenyra, Harmonia, and Neville all sat together while Frank, Alice, and their team sat together.

"Bring them in!" Fudge yelled.

Aurors escorted in Bellatrix, Rodolphus, and Rabastan in, and sat them down to chained chairs.

Rodolphus, Rabastan, and Bellatrix searched the crowd for Ivan and spotted him next to Rhaenyra.

"Saerena." Bellatrix whispered to herself. "You had the child you wanted. And I'll be there for her. I fucking promise that."

"Dumbledore, you have the floor." Fudge said, looking very much like he wanted to not give Dumbledore the floor. "However, you are to speak only the truth."

"Lady Lestrange and Lords Lestrange crucio'd Lady and Lord Longbottom into instantity. I was not able to get there in time to stop it." Dumbledore said confidently.

"Hmmm strange. Because Lord Longbottom and Lady Longbottom both admit and Veritisum confirms that they were trapped in their minds. How strange that you, the first person to the scene, still say that the Lestranges—falsely accused of that crime you accused them of—" Fudge said sarcastically "Tortured them."

Many were impressed with this new Fudge. It had been confirmed her had been imperious but now was free and ready to do his job very seriously.

"Minister I insist you —" Dumbledore started.

"If I am Minister can I order you to shut up?" Fudge asked, interrupting Dumbledore.

"Minister—"

"I order you to shut up and sit back down. Lady Longbottom and Lord Longbottom, you have the floor. But you must speak only the truth, which Dumbledore here failed to do. Lady Dowager Longbottom, I believe it is the best time that we announce you as Chief Witch of the Wizengamot. Please do better than the goat."

The journalists were loving the fresh gossip they were getting while Dumbledore was forced into the only seat he had other than the Potter seats—the Castellan of Hogwarts seat, which was a measly one vote.

Augusta walked up to the gaudy throne Dumbledore had and transfigured it into a comfortable rocking chair and sat in it.

Alice and Frank peacefully undertook the Veritasium and repeated the story they had told once they had been freed from being trapped inside of their minds.

"Lord Longbottom and Lady Longbottom, thank you for the truth. You may sit back down." Fudge said, and everyone saw the respect in his tone that had been gone when talking to Dumbledore.

The two did and Neville rushed through the crowd to sit with them. Ever since getting his parents back, other than sleeping at night he was touch starved to be with them.

Rita Skeeters photographer snapped an adorable photo with the three Longbottom's.

"Lady Lestrange, Lords Lestrange, you will be administered Veritasium one at a time." Fudge announced. "And then this mystery will be solved."