The Maze Task

Third Person POV

The day of the Maze Task came. Rhaenyra waited and tuned out what he was saying until she was let into the maze as the champion being in first place.

Rhaenyra sprinted slowly through the maze until she came to a fork. A bang went off, revealing Fleur had entered the maze.

Rhaenyra went right and came across one very nasty looking monster.

Harry had mentioned that in Care of Magical Creatures, Hagrid was raising Blast-Ended Skrewts.

The Ravenclaw witch snorted and raised her wand. "Why am I not surprised. Bombas de fuego!"

Fire erupted from her wand and took the shape of bombs, and promptly incinerated the Blast-Ended Skrewt.

Rhaenyra turned the wall and began doing a very practical thing: burning her way through the walls to reach the center.

Five minutes of this later, the Princess of Fire came across Krum, who was not facing her.

And promptly stunned him before sending up the red sparks for the teachers and continuing on her marry way.

Man this maze was... eh not difficult but not easy. But it was easier then killing the basilisks back in her second year.

Soon, she came across a sphinx.

"Please tell me my riddle, O Great Sphinx." Rhaenyra said dramatically.

The sphinx snorted and spoke.

First think of the person who lives in disguise,

Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.

Next, tell me what's always the last thing to mend,

The middle of middle and end of the end?

And finally give me the sound often heard,

During the search for a hard-to-find word.

Now string them together and answer me this,

Which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?

"Disguise... spies... spi... spider!"

The sphinx smiled and let the Dark Dragon on her way.

As she reached the center, she heard Cedric yelling "Black! Help me!"

Rhaenyra turned to see Cedric stumbling away from a large Acromantula.

"Do you not understand 'kill it with fire' Diggory!" she yelled back before raising her wand.

Cedric, wise as he was, leapt out of the way and raising his own wand.

"Confringo!" the black and silver haired witch shouted, and the spider blasted into bits.

Rhaenyra turned to Cedric and stunned him.

"Sorry Cedric the prize is mine. I've been dealing with this tournament all year." she said.

She turned to the cup and placed her hand on it.

The maze dropped away as Ravenclaw exploded into cheers and shouts of victory.

The Girl Who Died had won the Triwizard Tournament.

That is today's chapter. I hope you have all enjoyed it.