DADA Lessons

Third Person POV

When Thursday rolled around, it was time for Defense Against the Dark Arts lessons with Professor Moody.

The Gryffindors and Slytherins seemed to be half amazed and half terrified of him. Neville was incredibly quiet, saying merely that he had used the Cruciatus Curse.

Needless to say Harmonia had informed Frank and Alice. Moody had received a howler from the two furious parents the next morning.

It was just the Ravenclaws and they all shuffled in, Harmonia and Rhaenyra sitting together near the back.

"You can put the books away, you don't need them." Moody announced gruffly.

Rhaenyra tuned out his speech in favor of reading a rare book on Hieroglyphs until he called on her.

"You. Name one of the Unoforgivables."

"The Killing Curse." the dark violet eyed fourteen year old said bluntly.

The entire class of Ravenclaws went quiet. Some tried to move away from her.

Moody turned his entire focus to her.

"You're Saerena's daughter?" he asked, both eyes focused on her.

"Yes sir." the Queen of Dragons answered calmly.

"I knew your mother. Best duelist, Runes Mistress, and Potions Mistress I have ever seen in over sixty years. She died protecting you."

"I know." Rhaenyra said.

"You look very much like her. She would be proud to see you right now. Five points to Ravenclaw." Moody said. "Well, the Killing Curse kills anyone it hits, not coming back form it. Only one person has survived it, and he is in Gryffindor."

He then turned to Harmonia.

"Heiress Fawley, another one?"

"The Imperious Curse."

"That one! Gave the Ministry a wagon load of trouble, trying to find out who was imperioused and who was not. Five points to Ravenclaw. Miss Macdougal?"

"The Cruciatus Curse." the ginger Ravenclaw said.

"That one causes more pain than you will ever know, and I am speaking from experience. Now, if pushed it can drive the target mad. And only a miracle will bring you back, such as the Longbottom's. I have to greet them sometime, say hello and sorry." Moody declared.

The class went on like that, going over very nasty curses.

That is today's chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.