Christmas and Questions

Third Person POV

All of the Shadows returned home for Christmas. Almost no one was staying at Hogwarts anyways, since there had been several more attacks.

"Hello Rhaenyra." Cygnus greeted his granddaughter.

"Hello Great Uncle." Rhaenyra smiled. Ragnarok was at her heels, the size of a small horse now.

He was Balerion the Black Dread's son. He would grow faster than normal, and the Forbidden Forest had lots of game for him to hunt anyways and he could fly to his leisure.

Perfect combinations for a growing young dragon.

"Let's head back to Nightingale Hall." Cygnus said and after waving goodbye to the other Shadows, the two members of the House of Black entered apparated away.

Scene Change, Nightingale Hall

The Dark Dragon gagged once they reappeared in the round about in front of Nightingale Hall.

"I hate apparation." she grumbled.

Cygnus shrugged as the House Elves appeared to take the Black Heiress's luggage. "You'll get used to it."

The two headed inside before the cold set in.

Scene Change, two days later

"Hey girl." Rhaenyra said as she stroked Silverwing's feathers. Her owl woke up with a hoot, large eyes staring at her mistress.

The black and silver haired girl tied a letter to Silverwing's leg. "Take this to Megan's house okay? If its to cold then wait it out."

Silverwing hooted and flew out of the Owlery.

Scene Change

"Great Uncle Cygnus? What do you know of magical snakes?" Rhaenyra asked.

Cygnus looked up from his paperwork. "Plenty. Why?"

"Which ones petrify people? Because that's what's been happening to people at Hogwarts." the Queen of Dragons said.

Cygnus paled as he mulled it over. "Rhaenyra, I'll look into this. But from now one, don't go out and stay with your friends when you go back. I think I hope what snake it is... but I hope I'm wrong."

Cygnus knows and he's freaking out.

Have a good spring break.