Quidditch and bets

Third Person POV

"Hurry up Rhaenyra! We're going to miss the match!" Megan called.

"Coming coming." the Queen of Dragons said. Ivan muffled a smile, knowing full well that on a cold day like this Rhaenyra would want to stay inside.

It had been a week since the Troll Incident, since Lex Sanders had been declared dead, and the Golden Trio had been formed—Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. All three were Gryffindor first years, with the Boy Who Lived the youngest seeker of the century.

The complete opposite of the Shadows: one Slytherin, one Ravenclaw, one Hufflepuff, and two Gryffindor.

Ron Weasley: the sixth child of Arthur Weasley, the third son of the third son of 100 year old Lord Septimius Weasley, Head of House Weasley. 100 he may be but he still had his sharp mind.

Lord Septimius firstborn son Jonathan had died, Lord Septimius had a great great granddaughter in the form of fifteen year old Charlotte Weasley, who was studying abroad in Illvermorny, as the Heiress of House Weasley as the oldest surviving grandchild of Jonathan Weasley. 

Ron would not get anywhere close to being Lord of House Weasley as Charlotte already had two younger brothers and a younger sister to fill in her roll, and Bill, his older brother who worked for Gringotts, was the Heir of House Prewett.

Hermione: second in line for Heiress ship of House Fawley after her older sister Harmonia. Harry Potter was the only one in the Golden Trio who would be assuming Heirship should he survive to get to it.

The Shadows had the Lestrange Heir, the Princess of House Targaryen, the Heiress to House Jones, the Fawley Heiress, and the Heir of House Longbottom, who's parents had been tortured into insanity by Death Eaters. Very influential names and powers in the Wizengamot.

Also their blood status was the one thing they shared with the Golden Trio: Ron was a pureblood, Harry a half blood, and Hermione a mundane born with pureblood roots.

The Shadows consisted of a mundane born with pureblood roots, two half bloods(Ivan and Rhaenyra), and two purebloods.

All of them came from very wealthy and infamous families: the Lestranges were known pureblood activists and potion brewers, the Black's owned several businesses and had a finical empire that would make Bill Gates blush, the Jones were the best when it came to Potions had had an iron grip on the Potion world and trade, the Fawley's were magical breeders and produced several renowned healers and zoologists, and the Longbottoms were known to produce aurors, herbologists, zoologist, and healers.

Safe to say they got a lot of attention from the students of the Four Houses after the Golden Trio.

"Anyways, bets on Boy Wonder will get he snitch?" Ivan said.

"5 galleons he'll swallow the snitch, throw it back up, but get away with it before 20 minutes are up." Rhaenyra smirked.

"Deal." everyone but Neville chorused.

"You know, why is Quidditch so important?" Harmonia asked.

A Hufflepuff older student stopped to explain. "Because the winning team's house earns 100 points if they win. This is basically one of the chances to forward your house without risking losing them."

"Thanks. Name?" Neville said.

"Cedric Diggory." the older student, Cedric, said and lead them to the Quidditch Pitch.

They entered to see the crowd torn between Slytherin on one side and Gryffindor on the other while the Ravenclaw's and Hufflepuffs declared neutrality by taking neither side. The group sat in the safety of the Hufflepuff side.

"This seems like a very good place to cause chaos and start a riot." Megan commented.

"Don't you dare." Neville said, looking flabbergasted at the thought.

On the Gryffindor side was a banner with a color changing lion that read LIONS FOR THE CUP. Obviously made by the other two members of the Golden Trio.

5 minutes later

"NO FUCKING WAY!" the Black Raven screeched as Harry coughed up the golden Snitch and waved it to the spectators.

Rhaenyra was cackling like mad as shouts of confusion and outrage came from the Slytherins as Dumbledore and Hooch declared that Harry had caught the snitch and 150 points went to Gryffindor's Quidditch Team and 100 points to the House of Nobility.

"Now, it was pleasure doing business with you but gimme the galleons." Rhaenyra smirked.

Now several galleons richer, Harmonia spoke: "Anyone want to bet on something else?"

"Ten galleons Slytherin wins the House Cup but Dumbledore gives last minute points to Gryffindor and they win." Rhaenyra said.

"Deal." Everyone again but Neville said.

That was today's chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.