The Sorting

Third Person POV 

Hagrid lead them up the stairs until they arrived at the front door once the trip across the lake via boats(Rhaenyra shared her boat with Ivan, Harmonia, and Neville).

"Everyone here?" Hagrid asked. When he got on response of saying anyone was missing, he knocked not the door three times.

The door swung open to reveal Minerva McGonagall. "Thank you Hagrid, I will take it for here." the Transfiguration teacher said.

She lead the first years through the halls until they reached the Great Hall. She turned around to make an announcement.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." said Professor McGonagall. "Now, this is where you shall spend the next seven years. There are four houses, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin." she said looking a bit proud when she mentioned Gryffindor. "Your houses are your family as they are who you spend most of your time with..." Rhaenyra tuned out the rest. She had learned the speech from Cygnus.

"I shallowing return when you are ready." McGonagall finished before heading into the Great Hall.

The students all began to whisper, they didn't know how it was sorted. Ivan scoffed when Ron said something about a troll from next to a black haired, green eyed boy. "He was clearly pulling at your leg." she said.

"So it's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Draco said. Rhaenyra openly facepalmed, getting confused looks.

Draco continued onward. "This is Crabbe and Goye. I'm Malfoy... Draco Malfoy."

A ginger haired boy let out a laugh.

Draco flushed. "You think my name's funny, do you? No one needs to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well, soon you're going to find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to make friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." he extended his hand.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort." the boy, Harry said.

A few people gasped when they saw the ghosts, and Rhaenyra let out a small gasp.

The ghost's all greeted them warmly but where shooed away when McGonagall reappeared to lead the children back inside.

The students entered the hall and formed a line 20 paces away from a stool on top of which a battered old hat stood-the Sorting hat. The ceiling looked to be open to the sky, from what a girl who looked a lot like Harmonia said.

As soon as the hat was placed on the stool, there was silence. Then hat twitched and a rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth, and the hat began to sing.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry