Awakening

August 12, 2014, 9:58 pm

For the past five hours, Stella had been working nonstop. The news coverage from two days before had brought more eyes onto her project. Kyle had left because he values his health. But, he left behind a tripod, so Stella could still record. Despite the tug of Mr. Sandman, Stella didn't really feel that tired. With her toolset by her side and the camera behind her, she sat in front of Freddy.

"Ok, so for the past few days, I've been having trouble cracking these guys open.", Stella spoke to the camera. "I searched in the Fazfan forums, and I found this guy who was an ex employee of Freddy's. He told me that if I press on both his shoulders at the same time, then the belly should open right up."

Stella did just that. She stood up to put her hands on Freddy's shoulders. After pressing down, she heard a CLICK sound. Sure enough, the belly compartment popped open. She sat down, slipped off Freddy's suspenders, and swung open the door.

Stella wasn't prepared for the stink of rotten cheese, rat poop, and mystery meat hitting her like a freight train. She jumped back, coughing and retching.

"*KOFF!* *KOFF!* Wow, I didn't expect that stink! Freddy really needs a bath!" As Stella fell back, she accidentally knocked over her toolset. Metal tools flew all over the ground in a cacophony of clanks. Stella swore.

"TURD MUFFINS! Just- wait a minute, y'all. I need to get everything back together." Stella backed down to gather all her scattered tools. Thankfully, they didn't go too far, so it didn't take long to put everything back in place. By the time she got back up, it had already struck 10 o'clock.

____________________________________________________________

10:00 pm

"Okay, back to our scheduled programming," Stella nervously laughed. Unbeknownst to her, the camera feed cut off as she was down. Stella clicked on a flashlight, and peered into Freddy's open belly.

Inside the bear was a metal endoskeleton

Inside the bear was a metal endoskeleton. The casing which housed it was made of dirty plastic. Attached to the casing was a music box, which was wired back to the endo. To Stella's surprise, not much seems in need of fixing.

"I'm looking inside right now, and- *KOFF!*- other than the stink and mold, I don't see anything wrong here. There might be some wires loose, but we can't really tell until we hook up the laptop and test it. I mean- I don't even see any rust in here!"

CLANG!

As Stella backed out, a loud clang sound erupted from the entrance. Stella jumped, then spun around. Something was knocked over and fell.

"What was that!?" Stella cried. Nothing answered her question. After a few moments, she turned back around, and addressed the camera.

"Geez, I'm delirious. I guess it's time to call it a-", before she could finish her sentence, Stella noticed a disturbing absence in the room. She spun around, searching every corner of the room. One panicked thought repeated in her mind:

Where's Bonnie? He was missing from his log.

Before she could search farther, Stella heard a loud bang in the distance. Then, the lights flickered off.

____________________________________________________________

Surrounded by abject darkness, Stella fumbled for her flashlight. After feeling it in her hands, she grabbed it and flicked it on. She flicked the room with her light. Bonnie is still missing. An uneasy feeling grew in her stomach.

He can't have just gotten up and walked away, right?, Stella asked herself. No way are these things advanced enough to walk. The leg joints would have to be really strong to support all that weight.

Shining the light on the remaining animatronics, Stella suddenly understood why Kyle was so unnerved by them. The darkness caused them to look less like friendly cartoon animals, and more like the mechanical monsters of urban legend. Freddy in particular seemed quite sinister ... almost like he is plotting something.

After one last sweep across the room, Stella hesitantly got up, and then walked out the room. As she was exiting, she glanced back at the animatronics, making sure they weren't up for more party tricks...

____________________________________________________________

"Is anybody there?", Stella called out into the dark hallway. She was trying to act brave, but her shaking hands were saying otherwise. "If this is some kind of joke, it isn't funny! Please, show yourself!"

Stella continued down the hallway, passing by many storage pods along the way. She couldn't shake off the fear that something was about to jump out at her. Eventually, she made it to the end: where the circuit breaker is. She audibly gasped when she saw it.

The circuit breaker had been completely smashed in. The panel had a large dent on it.

Who could be strong enough to do this?, Stella asked herself. Her gut instinct was screaming the answer, but her rational mind denied it. She reached for her phone.

Stella whispered a swear. She realized she left it in the storage pod. As she turned to go get it she heard it.

Whirr. Tpp. Whirr. Tpp. Whirr. Tpp.

A mechanical whirr, followed by a soft footstep. It progressively got closer. Stella flicked her flashlight around to see what was causing it. She almost dropped it when she found it.

Bonnie emerged from the darkness. His dead plastic eyes were set on Stella. She was frozen in place, shock overcoming her fear for a moment. Then, all chaos broke loose.

Bonnie jerkily raised his arm, and swung at Stella. Stella came to her senses just in time to dodge it. That caused everything happening to her to sink in.

At that point, Stella had the common sense to scream.