Stella Meets the Old Man

August 22, 2014, 2:34 pm

William planned everything that would happen in the next few hours. The pit in his stomach grew with anticipation. Finally, he was going back to the excitement of his youth!

But, for this to work, he had to remain calm. He had to have his charisma machine running on all cylinders. Everything had to look natural.

William took a deep breath, then put his book down.

* * *

2:35 pm

Stella wheeled the cart through the library's shelves. She put away returned books at a remarkable speed. She was so wrapped up in her work, that she didn't notice the person stepping in front of her.

SMASH!

Stella accidentally rammed the cart into the man! Even if it was only a light tap, the man still fell and grunted, clutching his knee. Stella ran to the front of the cart.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!", Stella cried. She bent over to help the man up. Stella recognized him: It was the same man she's been seeing recently. "Are you okay?"

The man looked up to her with his grayish blue eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine," he said with a crooked smile. He took Stella's hand and got up. Suddenly, a look of recognition flashed over his face.

"Wait, you look familiar," the man said. After studying Stella for a second, he pretended to get it. He snapped his fingers. "Oh, you're FreddyFazfan1989, right?"

Stella's stomach jumped in her body. Because of everything happening, her normal life and her time with the animatronics felt so disconnected. She legitimately forgot that people were watching her.

"Uh, yeah," Stella stammered. The man's smile grew wider. A shiver traveled down her spine. He gave her the creeps, but she didn't know why.

"I've been watching your progress," the man said. "You've been doing a good job on my robots."

"Thank y- wait, your robots?", Stella said.

"Yes," the man responded. He raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I must've forgotten to introduce myself." The man held out his hand.

"Hello, Stella. I'm William Afton."

It took Stella a second to process his name. When she did, her little fangirl heart threatened to explode. She clasped her hands over her mouth, and almost cried. William smiled. He seemed to be getting the reaction he desired.

"Omigosh," Stella wheezed. "You're William Afton. You're THE William Afton, co-founder and animatronic designer of the original Fredbear's and Freddy Fazbear's!" William made a slight bow.

"The one and only," he said, smiling his crooked smile.

Stella ruffled her own hair. She couldn't believe what had just happened! One of the creators of FREDDY'S had been coming to her library! All bad feelings about William immediately disappeared.

"Wow, I...", Stella struggled to put together sentences for her personal idol. "It's just, I'm a big fan of your work."

"I can tell," William said smugly. "Say, there's actually something I want from you." Stella leapt at that opportunity.

"What is it?", she said a little too excitedly. William leaned closer to her.

"The animatronics," he said quietly. "I want to see them."

* * *

5:12 pm

After her shift ended, Stella stepped out to rendevous with William. After that, they both drove to the storage facility.