Confronted in the Park

August 15, 2014, 10:53 pm

After running for a solid minute or two, Stella, Freddy, and Chica finally made it to Cawthon Park. Stella told Freddy he could put her down now. Meanwhile, Chica wheezed behind them.

"I'm *wheeze* too *wheeze* fat for this," she gasped. It might have been a trick of the light, but Stella swore she saw beads of sweat glistening on the chicken's yellow fur. But, she had no time to think about that.

"Freddy, which way did they go?" Stella asked desperately. The bear's eyes darted side to side. He looked overwhelmed.

"I-I," the bear stammered nervously. At this point, he didn't really know where next. "We'll-" He was interrupted by Stella shouting:

"Look over there!" She pointed at something and ran to it. Freddy and Chica followed suite.

It was a dark green nineties styled sedan that had fallen into a ditch. Both doors on the left side were open. Inside, the back seats had scratches and rips.

"It's our car," Stella cried, her voice cracking. Freddy stomped up to the back door. "Oh, Kyle! I'm sorry! I-" The bear shushed the hysterical woman. He pointed down by the door. Stella and Chica's eyes followed.

"Footprints," said Freddy. Sure enough, two sets of large footprints emerged from the doorway. He fiddled with his suspenders like an ursine First Doctor. "Foxy and Bonnie must've snuck into your boyfriend's car when he wasn't looking." Then, Chica shuffled over to the front door.

"Look, more footprints!", she cried. She pointed at a smaller pair of footprints coming from the door. A ray of hope lit up inside Stella. Kyle could still be alive!

With his finger, Freddy traced where all three tracks went. Eventually, he ended up pointing into the dark forest. After a moment, Stella stepped in front of him impatiently.

"We'll, what are we waiting for?", she asked. "Kyle's in trouble! We have to get to him before they do!" Spurred by her command, Freddy grabbed her arm and ran into the forest. Standing by the car alone, Chica crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Great, more running," the chicken grumbled to herself. Clutching her arm, she sighed. "Why can't he grab me for once?" Looking into the dark forest, Chica started running into it.

"Hey, wait for me!", she called out.

* * *

10:54 pm

Both Freddy and Stella ran through the forest with a steely determination. The latter looked over to the former. Freddy's brows were lowered as far as they went. His large jaw was clenched tightly, threatening to shatter his plastic teeth.

"So, it was real, wasn't it?", Stella asked. "The Bite?" Freddy stopped dead in his tracks. Stella almost bumped into him.

Freddy turned to Stella. She noticed that his shoulders were raised and his fists were clenched. There was a pained expression on his face. However, before he could answer, Chica caught up with them. Once again, she was gasping for air.

"Why did I have to be the fat chicken?", she cursed. Freddy's face softened at the sight of his friend. He rested his arm on her shoulders and patted her back.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you behind," Freddy apologized. Chica raised her head to look at the bear. Her gaze also softened.

"It's alright," she answered. Just then, Freddy heard something. A quiet branch snapping. His ears perked up. He raised a paw to shush the girls. Freddy stood still.

Snap.

Freddy pointed to a shadow hiding in the woods. It tripped, and fell into the moonlight. It was Bonnie!