Trapped

August 23, 2014, 2:15 am

Stella slowly woke up with a headache. A musty smell, like a damp basement, entered her nose. She groaned softly as she tried figuring out where she was. It was dark, except for two eye holes in front of her. Stella peeked through them.

She was in a small office of some kind

She was in a small office of some kind. Judging by the floor tiles and wall decor, it was at the old pizzeria. The dim light cast the place in a greenish yellow hue. On the front wall was a large window that peeked into the darkness. Leaned by it was a desk. On top of that was a security monitor, with a keypad attached to it.

By the window was a single doorway. Next to it was a panel with two buttons: a red one labeled "DOOR", and a white one labeled "LIGHT". By the other walls were a locker, and a generator that powered the whole building.

Someone was sitting by the desk, flipping through the cams. Stella quickly guessed it was William. Her captor scatted happily to himself.

Stella tried getting up, but found that something heavy was pressing down on her body. Strangely enough, her right arm felt free. She reached towards herself. However, a furry shell stopped her from reaching herself. She patted it a few times.

She quickly figured she was trapped in one of the animatronics' costumes. It was a character that had a similar build to Freddy. However, it was a dog instead of a bear. It had sharpened canine teeth and big floppy ears. It wore denim overalls, and a collar that's tagged "SPARKY". Its right arm was missing.

William heard Stella struggling, and came over to her. He bent down to her eye level.

"Well, well, well," William said. "Finally awake, are we?" Stella tried to take off the mask with her free hand, but William stopped her. "Up, up, up! I wouldn't do that if I were you!"

"Why not?", Stella yelled back, her voice muffled by the mask.

William slipped the mask off of her head. He stared at it as he was holding it, smiling wide and crooked.

"Do you know what a springlock suit is?", he asked without taking his eyes away from the mask. Stella answered:

"Y-yeah. They're mascot costumes that can transform into animatronics. You stopped using them when the original Fredbear's closed."

William smiled at Stella. "Very good! Looks like someone did their homework!" He turned to his captive. "Now, here's another question. Why do you think we stopped using them?"

Stella felt an uneasy pit grow in her stomach. She had a feeling about where this was going. She shook her head subtly.

"Because some poor kid activated the mechanisms while he was still inside!", William said with a little too much delight. "He only survived because he was lucky..." Before Stella could say anything, William pointed at her.

"Final question! What happens to spring locks when they become old and ill-maintained?" Stella felt her heart beating faster. She felt like she was going to throw up.

"They-", she stammered. "They-they..." She didn't want to put that horrible thought into words. William stopped her before she could continue.

"No, wait, don't say it!", William giggled. "It's more fun to show you!" Holding the mask in one hand, he smacked it a few times with the other.

A whirring sound started emitting from the mask. A few seconds later, it was stopped by a loud metal SNAP! All the animatronic parts inside the mask suddenly collapsed inside it, filling it with jagged metal. Plastic eyes emerged from the mask, and filled in the eyeholes.

Stella stared at the head, horrified. William laughed at her reaction.

"Now you know!", he laughed. He walked to the desk and opened its drawer. He pulled some kind of handle from it. Spotting a hole on the back of the mask, he jammed the handle in and started turning it.

As William cranked the handle, the animatronic parts folded back inside the dog head. Eventually, with a soft CLICK, the head finished turning back into a mask.

"I don't know why the higher ups pushed Sparky so hard," William said, looking down at the mask. "The kids always loved Foxy more."

William turned to Stella. "Now, be a dear and put this on," he ordered.  Stella screamed. She tried resisting and fidgeting. William wagged a finger at her.

"Springlocks, remember?", he said playfully.

Stella stopped. He had a point. Her fear of becoming a human meat pretzel overcame her desire for freedom.

William carefully stepped over and slipped the mask back onto Stella's head. "Good girl," he muttered deviously.

After making sure it was in place, he walked back to the desk. He sat down and faced the camera monitor. After moments passed, Stella felt something inside her. It was an emotion that was incompatible with the situation: hope.

"They're coming, you know," Stella said with certainty. William spun on the chair to face her. "They know who you are, and what you did to them."

William smiled. "Well, that's what I'm counting on!"