The Mechanical Monsters

August 12, 2014, 10:25 pm

Stella ran as fast as she could through the now dark hallway. To her relief, she didn't hear Bonnie's footsteps gaining speed. Eventually, they disappeared into the background, replaced by Stella's own frantic huffing.

I have to call the police!, Stella thought desperately. Eventually, she made it back to her storage pod. She audibly gasped, as she noticed that now the other animatronics have gone missing. All except for one.

Chica stared back at the light shining on her. Her plastic, slightly crossed eyes bulged out of their sockets. Her jaw hung wide open, revealing too many teeth.

Stella inched forward with her hand outstretched, not once breaking eye contact with Chica. While getting uncomfortably closer, she thought she heard raspy breathing coming from the robot chicken. As Stella wrapped her hand around her phone, Chica lunged. Screaming once again, Stella tightly grasped her items and rushed back into the hallway.

With flashlight in one hand and phone in another, Stella rushed to the exit.  Her thumb frantically fumbled the password a few times, but eventually she got to the Home Screen. Before she could tap the phone icon, she heard a terrible scraping noise ahead. She stopped dead in her tracks, and looked ahead.

____________________________________________________________

Foxy scraped his hook against the wall. He swiveled his head toward Stella. His wide toothy grin seemed particularly demented at the moment. Disturbingly, his yellow eyes were slit. In an instant, Foxy broke into a sprint, rushing his prey.

Stella swerved and ran in the opposite direction. She didn't know where   she was headed anymore. All she knew was that she had to get away from that fox! Unfortunately, unlike his bunny friend, Foxy was fast. As Stella felt her legs giving out, she heard Foxy's metal footsteps getting closer and closer.

Just as Foxy's long snout was about to reach her, Stella felt large paws grab her from the side. The shock caused her to drop her phone and the flashlight. The paws threw her into the room they came from, and, pausing to grab the flashlight, they slammed the door to the hallway.

Stella, now backed into a corner, looked up and tried to see the perpetrator. However, the flashlight wasn't pointing towards its holder, so she couldn't get a good look at him.

The perpetrator's large blue eyes and teeth started flickering in the dark. A music box rendition of the "Toreador March" filled the room. Stella got the idea quickly.

Is this it? Is this how I'm going to die? I'm going to die!, Stella ruminated. She couldn't stop herself shaking as Freddy's bloated face got closer to hers. She wanted to scream, but instead made choking sounds as fat wet tears flowed down her face.