The Worst Game of Charades

August 23, 2014, 2:14 am

Kyle was beginning to worry. Yesterday, Stella had texted him about showing someone the animatronics. That was the last he heard of her. Through out the evening, he shot her several texts. However, she never responded.

This wasn't like her in the slightest. Something was definitely up.

The two o'clock alarm beeped. Kyle sat up and turned it off. He looked over. Stella was still missing. He tried to ease the pit forming in his stomach.

Maybe she's just hanging out with the animatronics, Kyle thought without conviction. That was off the table anyway, as she would've woken up around the same time he did.

As he walked into the living room, Kyle looked towards the key mantle. The car keys were missing. The pit in his stomach got tighter.

As he looked over, he saw the couple's bicycle leaning against the wall.

"Effin' Ess!", he lamented.

* * *

2:35 pm

Foxy huffed in frustration as he slammed his fist into the wall.

"He was right there," he growled under his breath. He turned to face the other animatronics. "HE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!", the fox shouted.

"But we couldn't do anythi-hi-hing!", Chica wailed. Red tears fell freely down her face. Mucus flowed from her nostrils. "B-bad things keep h-happening when I'm f-frozen!"

Freddy sat on the table, looking down. He raised a paw up to the burn mark on his face. When he touched it, he lightly winced from the pain.

Bonnie turned to Freddy. "Maybe Freddy knows what to do. Freddy always knows what to do." The bear jolted up when he heard his name.

"Huh?", Freddy uttered.

"Freddy, what do we do?", the blue bunny asked him. Before he could answer, the others practically swarmed him.

"What do we doooo?", Chica cried.

"What's the call, captain?", Foxy asked. They got closer.

"Well Freddy, what do we do?," Bonnie asked again. "Freddy? Freddy, what do we do?" Eventually, it was too much. Freddy clutched his head.

"I DON'T KNOOW!", the bear roared. The others stepped back. Freddy slumped in his seat, and sighed. "I don't know," he repeated with no hope.

Foxy looked to the door. Then, he looked back to the bear.

"Freddy," he said seriously. "Is it alright if we break the door?"

Without looking up, the bear responded: "At this point, we really don't have a choice." He waved a dismissive paw. "Go ahead."

Foxy walked over to Bonnie and clasped his arm with the bunny's.

"If we do this at the same time, we'll break it faster," said the fox. Bonnie responded with a grunt and a nod. The two crouched into a ready stance.

"On my mark!", Foxy called. "Ready. SET. GOOOOO!"

* * *

Kyle shuffled desperately through the storage facility's hallway. His running had become a shuffle. His shirt was completely drenched in his own sweat. Biking all the way here really took its toll on him.

Finally, he made it to their pod. He leaned by the door to catch his breath. In between huffs, he muttered a swear. He didn't have the key. After regaining a little bit of his energy, he walked over to the door.

Just as he was about to knock, Kyle heard two sets of thunderous footsteps rapidly approaching the door. He managed to leap out of the way just in time as-

SMASH!

The door was knocked off its hinges. Foxy and Bonnie fell on top of it and slid to the other wall. Kyle looked on with a mixture of surprise and fear.

"Oh shi-" he gasped. Bonnie heard this. The blue bunny got up and darted towards him. Before Kyle could react, the blue bunny had grabbed him by the shoulders and started shaking him.

Bonnie was yelling at Kyle. Or, at least trying to. The man could tell he was anxious about something. There was a desperate look in the bunny's eyes, and his jaw kept flapping, like he was yelling something important. Of course, Kyle couldn't "hear" whatever the bunny was screaming.

* * *

"Kyle, you gotta help us, man!", Bonnie screamed as he shook Kyle. His mouth was going a mile a minute. "Stella's been taken by the bad man, and now we don't know where they ar-"

Bonnie yelped when he felt a paw grab his arm and gently pull him away. Before he knew it, the bunny found himself face-to-face with Freddy.

"Bonnie, we can't talk to the grownups, remember?", the bear told Bonnie. The bunny nodded, still slightly miffed by being startled.

"I just wish you stopped sneaking up on us!", Bonnie replied. Freddy glanced away.

"Sorry," the bear mumbled. "Bad habit."

Chica stepped out of the storage unit. She still had red streaks running down her face. When she saw Kyle, her face lit up.

"Yay, Kyle's here!", the chicken cheered. Kyle looked at her, horrified. Freddy noticed this, and glanced to Chica.

"Chica, your face," he said.

"Oh," Chica started rubbing her palms against her face. When she was done, most of the red liquid had been wiped off.

Freddy turned back to Kyle, then stepped back.

* * *

Kyle was stunned by what just happened. Of course, he should've expected the animatronics' outlandish behavior.

"Uh," he smiled and waved sheepishly. "Hey guys." Freddy returned the wave. "You wouldn't happen to know were Stella went, do you?"

The animatronics all looked at each other. They all had tense facial expressions. Even without words, Kyle could feel a palpable tension in the hallway. Poor Chica looked like she was about to cry.

Freddy turned back to Kyle. Then, he slowly nodded.

"Really, where?", Kyle asked. Then, his chest tightened. He suddenly realized he was one human with four monstrous animatronics. "You didn't do anything to her, did you?", he asked with fear in his face.

Freddy defensively shook his head and paws. Kyle breathed in relief. He knew the animatronics would never hurt Stella; if they wanted to, they would've done so earlier. It didn't really hurt to ask, though.

"Where is she, then?", Kyle asked again, this time desperate.

* * *

Freddy sighed. "That is a good question...", he muttered. He rubbed his chin and furrowed his brows. "The bad man said we'd know where he was..."

"Well, the only other place we've been is...", Foxy stopped before he finished his question.

The animatronics immediately turned to each other. They all figured out the answer at the same time.

* * *

"What?", Kyle tried his best to understand Freddy's frantic paw gestures. The bear pointed at himself.

"She's inside you?", Kyle asked. Freddy shook his head. The bear then took his microphone out of his stomach hatch, then sliced the air with it.

"Uhh...paint?", Kyle asked. Freddy facepalmed. He hit his nose, causing it to squeak. Then, he took his fist, and slowly brought it to his face as he flapped his jaw.

"Oh, pizza!", he asked excitedly. Freddy nodded. Then, Kyle understood. "She's at the old pizzeria!"