An Odd Menagerie

August 15, 2014, 10:49 pm

Stella was incredibly winded by the time she made it to the laundromat. The nonstop pedaling across town stacked on top of her anxiety, creating a double whammy of fatigue. Despite that, she forced herself to keep going. Leaning the bike against a wall, Stella stepped through the laundromat doors.

Stella could only gape at the chaos inside. The arcade machine by the wall had been completely destroyed. A few of the washing machines had visible damage, too. Looking over, she saw an active machine that was still had thirty one minutes left.

Stella felt a pang of guilt well up inside her. Kyle wouldn't have done this if I wasn't so upset, she thought with a sigh. In fact, none of this would've happened if I just left those animatronics alone... Just then, she heard a deep voice call her from behind.

"Stella?"  Stella jumped at that sound. She turned around ... and was greeted by two large animatronics. She screamed as one of them lunged and grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Woah woah woah woah," Freddy tried to reassure the frightened woman in his grasp

"Woah woah woah woah," Freddy tried to reassure the frightened woman in his grasp. "Don't worry. It's me." After collecting herself, Stella looked over Freddy's shoulder to see the other animatronic.

"Chica, Freddy," Stella gasped. After Freddy released her, she took a deep breath. She tried to put on an authoritarian tone, which she wasn't very good at. "Why did you guys escape the storage unit?" she asked a little too loudly.

While Freddy tried to blubber up an apology and an excuse, Chica stepped forward sternly. "It wasn't our fault," the yellow chicken grunted. "It was Foxy. That jerkbutt broke the door, and now he and Bonnie are running around doing Pizza knows what." She crossed her arms to further emphasize her indignation.

"Like chasing Kyle?", Stella explained. "You know Kyle, right? My boyfriend? Well, he called me, saying that Foxy and Bonnie are chasing him!"

Freddy gasped slightly. Then, he looked down at his feet. "This is bad,' he muttered.

"This is really bad," Chica added. "If we don't catch them, it'll be like The Bite all over again-", she was interrupted by Freddy yelling:

"Chica, don't say that!" The chicken flinched in shame. Freddy, seeing how he made his friend feel, murmured a small apology. Then, he turned back to Stella.  "We'll find your boyfriend before that happens," he said more calmly.

Stella, however, could not stay calm. "B-but they could be anywhere at this point! How are we going to find them?", she screamed. Then, the waterworks came. Her face became wet with tears as she blubbered: "This is all my fault! If only I didn't-"

Stella was interrupted by Freddy giving her a strong bear hug. "Don't worry," the bear quietly consoled, even though he himself wasn't that calm. He raised his right paw and patted her head. Chica looked on with at least a little jealousy.