The Second Encounter

August 15, 2014, 10:35 pm

Kyle dared not move a muscle or make a sound. He heard the footsteps behind him get closer and closer. He heard raspy breathing coming from one of his stalkers. Eventually, they stopped. After taking a deep breath, Kyle raised his hands and slowly turned around. His heart raced when he saw them.

There stood Foxy and Bonnie. Motionless, their plastic eyes were locked on to him. Kyle was frozen in place. Moments passed, in which they exchanged stares. Eventually, Kyle worked up the nerve to speak.

"Y-you're just people in costumes, aren't you?", Kyle asked, trying to dispel the growing sense of dread inside of him. He desperately wanted a rational, natural answer for what was happening. "This is just some sick joke, isn't it?"

Bonnie grabbed the front of his face, then started pulling. With a few clicks, it came off. Kyle wanted to scream when he saw it.

Underneath Bonnie's mask was a metal skull face

Underneath Bonnie's mask was a metal skull face. It was a flat square with metal teeth. Hinges attached the ears to the head. Bonnie's plastic eyes bulged out of the flat metal. After a moment, he clicked his face back on.

At that point, Kyle began hyperventilating. He pinched himself. He desperately wanted this to just be some twisted nightmare. But deep down, he knew there was no waking up from this.

Great. My irrational fears just became rational, he thought darkly.

Kyle reached for his phone. He intended to call the authorities. However, as he reached his phone, he heard a slow whir. Looking up, he saw that Foxy was beginning to slowly crouch. The pirate fox kept his eyes on Kyle as he lowered. His yellow eyes were slit.

With a shaking hand, Kyle began to dial Stella's number. Foxy was just about on the floor now. Bonnie stood silently behind him. As the phone rang, Kyle pressed it on his ear.

* * *

??:?? pm

Stella's whole body felt cold and heavy. She tried to move, but found she couldn't. The only body part she could move was her head. So, she decided to look around.

It looked like she was at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. It seemed to be nighttime, as the lights were dimmed, the tables were neatly set up and the arcades were turned off. Stella looked down at her body, and was surprised to see a big bear body. Oh, I'm Freddy, she thought plainly.

As Freddy, Stella looked around the center stage. Both Bonnie and Chica were sitting right next to her, motionless. She could barely see Foxy's stage, Pirate's Cove, in the darkness. Just as she was turning around, she heard terrible laughter. She faced forward to see what it was. 

Pressed right up to her face was was looked like a yellow rabbit mascot

Pressed right up to her face was was looked like a yellow rabbit mascot. Its deep, callous laughter didn't match its friendly face. As she made eye contact, the laughing grew louder.

Stella felt Freddy's belly compartment open, and then the rabbit putting something inside him. At that point, her vision began filling up with static. It became harder and harder to see. When she finally couldn't see anymore, she heard the rabbit speak.

"Now to put away the girl..."

* * *

10:38 pm

Stella was awoken by her phone ringing. She groggily picked it up.

"Hello?", she sleepily asked. Who would call this late at night?, she thought with irritation. The details of her dream were already beginning to fade.

"Stella!", Kyle called back. "It's me!"

"Wha- Kyle?", Stella asked. She spun to the other side of the bed. Her partner wasn't there. She gripped her phone tighter, as panic rose inside her. "Where are you?"

"Stella, I....", Kyle faltered. "I'm at the laundromat. I thought it would be nice to do the laundry for once!" Stella would've adored her boyfriend's offer, if not for the fear in his voice. Kyle continued: "Listen, two of your robots followed me."

Stella gasped. "Wait, which ones?"

"The fox and the rabbit."

"Oh, no!"

"Did you turn them on?"

"What, no! They haven't been powered on since Freddy Fazbear's closed in the nineties!"

* * *

10:40 pm

Kyle's stomach was tying itself into knots. He backed up until he hit the arcade game. He dared not take his eyes off his pursuers.

"O-okay, can you turn them off?", Kyle asked. He heard Stella sigh on the other side.

"Kyle, I don't know if there even is a way to turn them off," Stella answered. "I don't think we are dealing with normal electronics here. In fact, I think they're haun-"

Before Stella could finish that sentence, Kyle heard a loud mechanical scream. Foxy jumped straight for Kyle, his jaws wide open.

BANG! Kyle managed to leap out of the way in time. Foxy smashed right into the arcade machine, breaking it in the process. His head smashed right through the screen, leaving him a little stuck.

"Kyle, Kyle!", Stella called faintly from the phone. Kyle realized he had dropped it in the panic. As he reached for it, he heard heavy footsteps coming his way. Bonnie was now rushing towards him. Kyle made the quick decision to leave it and jump out of the way.

Bonnie couldn't slow himself down in time, and ended up slamming into one of the washing machines. Kyle ran back and grabbed his phone. Just then, he heard a loud, distorted sea shanty.

Foxy emerged from the broken arcade game. He quickly turned to Kyle. The music was coming from him. It was a distorted rendition of "What Can You Do with a Drunken Sailor". His mouth wasn't moving with the garbled lyrics. Judging by the way his eyes were slit, he seemed beyond furious.

Kyle's skin turned sickly pale, as sweat drenched his clothes. He watched Bonnie getting up and Foxy preparing for another pounce. Kyle saw that Stella was still on the line. He pressed the phone harder against his ear.

* * *

10:43 pm

Stella was frozen in bed. Normally, hearing Foxy's 1985 showtape, "What Can You Do with a Stolen Pizza", would bring her joy. But, hearing it distorted over the phone was different. Especially since she knew her lover was on the other side.

"Kyle, are you there?", Stella cried desperately. "You have to get out of there! Foxy's gonna bite your head off!"

"Yeah, I think —- saw it hap—-ing!", Kyle screamed on the other side. Stella could barely understand him. Electronic interference was cutting off his speech. Plus, the music was getting louder.

"I can't hear you! Talk louder!", Stella cried.

"List—-I—ov——ou!", Kyle's voice was garbled beyond recognition. Soon, Stella heard loud footsteps on the other side. The music kept getting louder and louder. Then, Stella heard a synthetic tone.

"Kyle, Kyle!", Stella screamed, with wet tears going down her face. She looked down at her phone.

The connection had severed.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: I tried experimenting with a more surreal illustration. I think it turned out all right!

Just like "The Night After", this chapter also went through a few changes, though to a much lesser degree. The main difference was that there wasn't a dream sequence to begin with, due to Stella not being asleep. Also, the dream would've referenced "That Incident" instead of being a more straightforward FNAF 2 reference.

-KaneTheSheep 🐑