The Game (Part Two)

August 23, 2014, 2:33 am

The camera at Pirate's Cove shone its red light, indicating that it was active. Foxy had thrown open the Cove's purple curtains, so that he could see the camera better. This also meant he was in full view to the camera's  user.

Eventually after a few moments, the camera's light went off. The pirate fox smiled.

"Showtime," Foxy said deviously. He quickly leapt off his stage, then strutted toward the "Employees Only" door. Then, the door suddenly swung open, slamming into Foxy.

Out stepped Bonnie, who was clutching a bare endoskeleton tightly. Foxy stepped aside the door, clearly irate.

"Watch where yer openin' that!", the fox yelled. However, Bonnie didn't seem to be in the mood for Foxy's attitude. The bunny's long ears drooped, and he looked sullenly to the ground.

"Sorry," Bonnie murmured quietly. Foxy, oblivious to the bunny's sullenness, pushed him away. Now with a clear path to the office, the red fox stretched his legs.

"Time to come fer yer booty!", Foxy cried. He could feel Freddy look at him incredulously from afar. The fox turned to the bear.

"I meant treasure!", Foxy clarified.

Then, with thunderous metal footsteps, Foxy made a mad dash to the office. A few feet from the door, he then crouched and lunged straight for the door.

SLAM!

The metal door closed right before Foxy could get in. The fox's snout hit the door, and he fell to the floor in pain.

"Owwww-how-how-how!", Foxy cried as he gripped his snout. His nose started bleeding.

Foxy got up and started banging ruthlessly on the door. He scratched it with his hand and hook. When that didn't work, he slammed himself against it several times. Despite it all, it didn't budge.

Eventually, Foxy gave up and stormed away, grumbling unsavory words under his breath. When he got out of Backstage, he stumbled into Bonnie. He was about to yell at him, but then finally noticed the bunny's sad face. The fox's own face softened.

"I see that you found Mr. Skelly," Foxy remarked in a soft voice. He put his arm on Bonnie's shoulder. "Hey, what's the matter?"

It took a lot of effort for Bonnie to raise his head and look at Foxy. He looked like he was about to cry.

"S-S-Stella's dead," Bonnie answered in a quiet voice.

* * *

2:34 am

Kyle screamed as the yellow bear suit flung itself toward him. He fell to the floor as he shielded himself with his arms.

Then, a moment passed. And then, another. With his whole body shaking, Kyle slowly retreated his arms. He reluctantly opened his eyes, totally expecting to see the ghoulish yellow bear on top of him.

Instead, he saw nothing.

Kyle shot up into a sitting position. He quickly glanced around the janitor's closet. Then, his gaze landed on the giant present box. He didn't see any sign of the bear suit anywhere. It was almost like it had disappeared entirely.

Kyle breathed a sigh of relief. He couldn't understand what had just happened. But, he was glad it was over.

Just then, from behind, Kyle was grabbed by two yellow furry arms! The man screamed and tried pushing away his assailant.

Chica stared urgently at the man in her arms. She pressed her hand on his mouth. With her other hand, she pointed at the giant present in the room. Then, she made a shush motion with her finger.

Kyle nodded, understanding her message. Chica then released him from her grasp.

Heavy footsteps indicated Freddy approaching Chica and the bewildered Kyle. The bear flapped his jaw at Chica. The chicken flapped her jaw back, while motioning toward Kyle.

Freddy then approached Kyle, and placed a gentle paw on him. Kyle released a small smile, and put his hand on the bear's paw.

"I'm okay," Kyle said quietly. "Thanks for checking."

He glanced to the ruined closet. "I just saw something, that's all." Then, an inquisitive look came over his face. "You guys wouldn't know anything about a yellow bear, would you?"

Kyle could've sworn he saw Freddy stiffen at that.

* * *

"A yellow bear?", Chica asked incredulously. "We never had a yellow bear here. Right, Freddy?"

But, Freddy didn't respond. Instead, he just stared ahead with a wistful expression.

"Goldie...", Freddy quietly said. "It's really you." Before he could dwell on that any further, two pairs of footsteps stomped towards him.

Freddy turned to see Bonnie and Foxy. Bonnie looked like he was about to cry. Meanwhile, Foxy's eyes were slit.

"What's the matter?", Freddy asked. "Did something happen?"

Foxy solemnly tipped his head. "Captain," he said in his serious voice. "Stella is dead."

"WHAT?", Freddy shouted, massively shocked by what he had heard.

Bonnie stepped forward. "It's true!", the blue bunny stammered. "The bad man already put her inside a costume!"

"No, no!", Freddy said. "It can't be true!" Red tears began forming in his eyes. Then, without another word, he dashed to the office.

"Freddy, wait!", Chica called out. But, it was too late.

* * *

Freddy stomped towards the backstage door. Rage burned furiously inside him.

How dare he?, the bear thought. Taking another innocent life like that? Stella had nothing to do with us! In fact...

Freddy stopped. If it weren't for me, she would still be alive. He put a paw over his mouth at that realization.

It's all my fault! I should've never asked her to help us! Freddy fell against the wall as sorrow overwhelmed him. Red tears welled up in his eyes. I never should've said yes to the party! Goldie, Stella... I'm so sorry!

Freddy hit his head as he reiterated:

It's all my fault! It's all my fault!

"Yes, it is your fault."

Freddy was startled by a distorted voice saying that. He quickly looked around. For all his time here, he'd never heard a voice that sounded like that.

"But, don't worry. I know how to fix everything." Freddy finally found the speaker up ahead of him. He wasn't ready for it.

The distorted voice belonged to something that looked like Freddy. It was also an animatronic bear with a top hat and bow tie. However, it seemed to be completely enveloped by shadow. Looking closer, Freddy saw that it was a very dark purple color. Its pupils and teeth glowed eerily in the dark.

The shadowy figure raised its arm towards Freddy, like it was beckoning him.

"All you have to do is follow me," it said.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello? Hello, hello? It's been awhile, hasn't it? I haven't posted because of all the holidays, and spending time with my family.

I've also been spending time trying to figure out how to end this story. I've already planned the last chapters and what happens in them. But, the little minutiae between the big events?  It's hard to find motivation to write those, y'know?

 Just recently, I've been getting back into the groove of writing, so expect more chapters soon :)

-Love, KaneTheSheep 🐑