Shadow of the Night

August 23, 2014, 2:36 am

Freddy cautiously approached the shadowy figure. His eyebrows were creased in thought.

"Who are you?", the bear asked. The shadowy figure didn't respond. Instead, it simply stood there, silently beckoning Freddy to get closer.

Strangely, Freddy felt drawn to it. He felt his legs moving without his input. He slowly crawled closer and closer to it.

* * *

William watched through the camera as Freddy crept closer to the office.

"Yes, yes! Get in range!", the pale man cheered. He reached underneath the desk and pulled out a keyboard-sized apparatus. He pushed aside the security monitor to make room for it.

It was a large control pad of some kind

It was a large control pad of some kind. It had two large paddles, where the user would put their hands. On each paddle were paw print marks. On each "finger" was a button. William put his hands on the paddles, stretching his fingers so they reached the buttons.

Stella gasped in her mask as she realized what William was doing.

* * *

"Who are you?", Freddy once again asked the shadow bear. Still, no answer. The brown bear inched closer and closer. Eventually, he managed to stop himself mere inches from the shadowy figure.

Freddy reached put a paw to touch the shadow bear. Right as his paw reached the stranger's shoulder, Freddy finally received a response. Just not one he expected nor wanted.

The shadow bear silently vanished. Freddy flinched backwards, startled. He quickly looked around to see if anything changed. Then, a strange force coursed through his body.

Freddy screamed in pain as his joints were seized. It felt like large hands were squeezing his servomechanisms and forcing them to move. In the corner of his vision, he saw a red message flash over and over again:

"ERR. UNKNOWN CONTROLLER ATTEMPTING CONNECTION."

Eventually, the pain proved too much, and Freddy slammed onto the ground. His limbs were twitching and moving in erratic ways, almost like he was having a robo-seizure.

The other animatronics quickly ran Backstage when they heard their dear friend screaming. When they saw him struggling on the floor, they were overcome with worry.

"Freddy!", Chica cried as she ran to the bear's side. Foxy joined her.

"Freddy, what happened?", the fox barked desperately. But, Freddy was in no place to answer. Eventually, his movements died down, and he closed his blue eyes.

"Freddy? Freddy!", Chica cried. She shook him desperately. "Freddy, get up! This isn't funny!" Then, the chicken suddenly had a brown fist slam into her face at full force. Chica flew back, screaming in pain.