Pop Goes the Weasel

August 23, 2014, 2:44 am

Kyle and the animatronics all stared up at the camera in stunned silence. They had all heard it. The loud metal SNAP! that told of a life ending.

It was Bonnie that broke the silence. "H-he did it."

Chica broke down sobbing. Freddy froze completely. He could only clench his paw and quiver. Foxy lowered his head and clenched his teeth. However, it was Kyle who took it the worst.

"No-no! Nonononono!," he yelled. He sank to the floor and buried his hands in his hair. Then, in a hoarse voice, he screamed.

* * *

2:41 am

Stella jumped when William suddenly screamed. Remembering where she was, she quickly returned to her normal position and waited.

I hope that didn't trip the springlocks!, she thought desperately. At that, she squeezed her eyes shut and braced for the worst. However, a moment passed. Then, another.

After a few more moments passed, Stella gathered the courage to open her eyes. She didn't feel hundreds of metal animatronic parts driving themselves into her body. Thankfully, the giant dog costume she was trapped in was still just that: a costume.

"N-no! It can't be!", William shouted. "Y-you're just an empty suit!" Stella squinted to see what the pale man was screaming about. She gasped at what she saw.

It looks like a girl version of Fredbear, she thought as she saw the yellow bear on the monitor. However, before she could further ponder the bizarre events unfolding in front of her, she heard a soft voice behind her say:

"Stay still."

Stella held in a scream and almost jumped again.

"Shh! Don't scream," the voice said. It was the voice of what sounded like a little girl. However, it had the flat tone of someone who's endured for decades, maybe more.

"W-who are you?", Stella asked in a hushed, worried voice.

"Ah. So it is true what Goldie has told me. You really are able to hear the spirits of the dead."

"Who are you?", Stella asked again.

After a pause, the voice's owner answered: "... just a spirit that's lurked here for a long, long time." Stella tried to think back to who it could be.

"Are you the fifth child?", she asked. The voice answered:

"No, I was the first." It continued:

"Normally, I don't really care about grownups like you. But, the others seem fond of you. So, I'll let you out of this suit."

Stella's heart fluttered with hope. "Really?"

"Shh, be quiet! I will." The voice's owner leaned closer to Stella. "I know quite a bit about springlocks. Just stay still. Any wrong moves will activate them."

Stella began to hear a rhythmic clicking behind her. Then, she felt cold air hit her back. The costume's back must have been opened.

"Okay, now I'm going to grab you," the voice said. "Remember, don't scream, okay?"

"Okay," Stella replied. To be honest, she was feeling a little annoyed about the voice's presumption that she will scream at anything.

However, Stella had to stifle a yelp when long, thin fingers wrapped themselves around her armpits. She couldn't see them, but they felt very cold.

"On the count of three, I'm going to pull you out," the voice said.

Stella then realized something. "Wait, what about the mask?", she whispered urgently. "Shouldn't you take it off first?"