The Night After

August 15, 2014, 7:20 pm

"Here it is," Stella said as she clicked on the video file. Kyle was sitting behind her on a chair. The laptop had the camera hooked up to it. She turned to her boyfriend anxiously. "This is it. This video will either prove that killer robots are real, or that I'm losing my marbles."

Stella took a deep breath, and clicked Play.

The video started normally enough, with Stella greeting the audience. Because of everything that had happened the past few days, she had forgotten about her online audience.

"Your subscribers should probably know about your unexpected hiatus," Kyle remarked. Stella scoffed sheepishly at that.

She skipped ahead the video, trying to remember when it all happened. Then, she found it: the part when she popped open Freddy's belly. She paused, then turned back to Kyle.

"Okay, this is when it all happened," Stella said. She turned to Kyle and pointed at the screen. "Keep your eyes on Bonnie." With that command, she continued the video. In it, Stella backed out of Freddy and knocked over the tools next to her. Kyle lightly snickered.

"You're such a klutz," he laughed. Stella quickly shushed him and pointed at the screen. In-video, Stella bent down to pick the tools up. Suddenly, the video feed cut off. The screen went black, with large white text that read "VIDEO FEED UNAVAILABLE". 

"What?", Stella cried out loud. She stared at the screen in distress.  Meanwhile, Kyle stared at it in confusion.

"What happened?", he asked. Stella glanced over her shoulder, her face turning red.

"I don't know!", she said. Then, she skipped ahead a few seconds. Thankfully, the video feed came back. In the video, Stella came back up and put away the tools. Real life Stella pointed at the screen desperately.

"There!", she cried. Kyle leaned closer to the laptop screen. Just like that, Bonnie had disappeared. Only his guitar and sitting log were left behind. Stella's heart raced in her chest. It happened. It all really happened, she thought. She looked back to gauge Kyle's reaction.

Kyle's face was blank.

Stella skipped ahead to the other highlights. They watched as the power went out. The video feed cut off again. That time, they heard a pair of footsteps exiting the room.

Then, Stella skipped ahead to when she encountered Chica. The feed was on, so the couple were able to see Stella shining her light on the chicken. Then, the camera feed cut off. In-video Stella screamed as footsteps barreled past the camera.

"Let's see if it recorded," Stella muttered to herself, not really minding Kyle. She skipped ahead a little more. Then, the video ended. She let out a disappointed sigh. The camera must've died before it could record her encounter with Freddy. 

Stella turned one last time to gauge her boyfriend's reaction. He was uncharacteristically silent. His face was still blank. But, a little spark of fear managed to find its way to his eyes.

* * *

10:14 pm

While laying in bed with Stella, Kyle's mind kept drifting back to the video. His gut believed it one hundred percent. Stella was the animatronic expert, not him. She would definitely know if they could walk or not. Besides, those things were beyond creepy. Something inside him told him that there was something off about them, even before they started "moving".

But, that annoyingly rational part of his brain said otherwise. He understood how upset she was about losing her "robot babies" ( her words, not his ). But, claiming that they're alive? That they broke out of the storage pod by themselves? That police officer scoffed at the idea of killer pizza robots, and so would most rational people.

Kyle looked over to his lover. Normally, Stella would normally be sleeping gently on her back. Now, she was sleeping on her side, curled up in a ball. Kyle reached over and gently touched her. Her whole body felt tense. It was then that his heart said, she can't be lying.

Throughout the years that Kyle had known Stella, he has known that she was a terrible liar. When she had tried to convince him that beavers ate their couch, she could not stop smiling. But, when  it came to the animatronics, she seemed dead serious. Even at the moment, she seemed distressed about what had happened to them.

Kyle's heart wrenched for her. He knew he should just let the police do their job. Plus, it's not like he should help look for the animatronics. With what Stella had shown him, they didn't seem the friendliest. But, there still had to be something he could do to help her.

Kyle looked into their dark room. At the corner, he saw the silhouette of an overflowing basket of dirty laundry. An idea had formed. In all the chaos of the animatronics, the couple had completely neglected to do their laundry. A small smile formed on Kyle's face. It may not be returning Stella robot babies home, he thought. But, it's the least I could do. 

With that in mind, Kyle quietly slipped out of bed and grabbed the laundry. He slipped his phone and keys into his sweat pant pockets. Then, remembering the video, he also grabbed his old Boy Trooper pocket knife. Slipping on a pair of old shoes, he slipped out the door...

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello? Hello, hello? Uh, this chapter was hard to write! The first draft was quite different. Originally, Kyle and Stella were going to have a big fight, and then Kyle would have left in a huff. But, I hated reading and writing it. It came out of nowhere, and turned Kyle into an absolute jerkwad for no reason.

Now, I can't wait to show you the next chapter! Some absolutely juicy chapters are coming your way! ;)

-Love, KaneTheSheep 🐑