EXTRA: Fazbear Entertainment

Back when Henry Emily and William Afton founded Fredbear's Family Diner in 1978, there was no central company overseeing everything

Back when Henry Emily and William Afton founded Fredbear's Family Diner in 1978, there was no central company overseeing everything. For the first few years, Emily simply managed everything by himself.

In 1980, in response to the overwhelming success of Fredbear's, Emily and Afton began plans to expand the company. There were even plans to open locations all across the country.

However, this was halted in 1983, when, after a family tragedy, Emily ended up [REDACTED].

Afton stepped up to become the new president of the franchise. His first action was to completely rebrand everything. In 1984, all traces of Fredbear's had been erased, and the restaurant was renamed "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza". Fredbear and Spring Bonnie's replacements were joined by two new characters: Chica Chickpie and Foxy the Pizza Pirate.

Initially, the Rebranding was a huge success. Afton was able to realize Emily's dreams of opening locations throughout the country. To keep up with demand, Afton founded his own company to supply the animatronics: Afton Robotics.

However, this boom did not last forever. The brand's image was later tarnished when [REDACTED] happened in 1985, and later [REDACTED] in 1987.

The incidents, along with fierce competition from a mouse-themed pizza restaurant, hurt business dramatically. Eventually, locations all across America were forced to close. The last one to shut down was the Hurricane location in 1993.

In 2002, a multimillion dollar corporation called Megaplex Inc had purchased Afton Robotics, William Afton's personal robotics company. The purchase also included the intellectual property of Freddy's and all of its characters. In honor of this acquisition, the company had renamed itself Fazbear Entertainment.

Since then, Fazbear Entertainment has tried its hardest to reintroduce the Freddy's brand into the public consciousness. It works closely with Afton Robotics to design electronic toys. A new cartoon is set to air on Cartoon Network. However, these are merely stepping stones to the company's biggest ambitions...