The First Night

August 12, 2014, 10:29 pm

Freddy pointed the flashlight at Stella. He crouched down to make eye level with the frightened woman. His face was mere inches from Stella's. She felt and heard hot, stinky breathing coming from his mouth.

With one paw, Freddy grabbed Stella's head, and turned it side to side. He squinted his eyes, almost like he was examining her. After a moment, he let go of her. As Freddy got up and backed away, she heard one the robots speak for the first time.

"No way you could be him. Your face is too small, and he doesn't have freckles. Besides, you're a girl with glasses." Freddy grumbled in a deep, but gentle voice.

"Wh-who are you looking for?" Stella choked a reply after working up a little courage. She was frozen in place, daring not to move a muscle.

"You know, him! The guy who-" Freddy froze in his tracks. With a loud whir, he spun to face Stella. His eyes were wide open and his eyebrows have raised as high as they could go.

"Wait a second, did you just hear me?" Freddy asked as he once again crouched low to face Stella. She shakily nodded.

"Wow. I- this is big." Freddy placed his paw on his head. "Grownups can't hear us. Every time we would try talking to them, they wouldn't hear us. To be fair, I don't remember kids being able to hear us, either."

Just then, the lights came back on.

"S-so you're not going to k-kill me?" Stella asked, regaining her composure. Still shaking slightly, she managed to stand back up. With the lights back on, she realized that she was back in her pod.

"I have no reason to." Freddy replied. He looked much friendlier in the light. Stella headed to the door, but Freddy stopped her.

"It's not safe to go out, yet. My friends still want to get you. Let me try telling them about-" Freddy was interrupted by a loud SMASH!

Foxy smashed through the door. Freddy tried in vain to hide Stella behind him, but the fox's eyes were too sharp. As Foxy's eyes locked on to the human, they slit, and his rubber smile grew wider.

"Yaharr! Look what we have 'ere! Ye found the grownup I was chasing!" Foxy barked in a coarse pirate accent. He pointed an accusing hook at the pair. "I guess ye finally came to yer senses and started playing the game, haven't ya?"

"W-wait! It's not like that! I-" Freddy stammered nervously. He embraced Stella in a tight bear hug.

"Oh, wait! Lemme guess: 'OOOHHH! WE SHANT KILL THIS GROWNUP! MAYBE THEY BE INNOCENT!" Foxy said in a mocking tone. "Yarr, grow a pair, egghead!"

Before Freddy could object, Foxy poked his head out into the hallway.

"BONNIE! CHICA! FREDDY FOUND THE GROWNUP!" Foxy yelled.

Stella felt Freddy flinch at Foxy's yelling. She wrapped her arms around the big bear, hoping that he would protect her. There was no way out, as Foxy was blocking the doorway. Just then, two pairs of footsteps approached the doorway. Foxy stepped aside to allow Bonnie and Chica to enter.

"Aw shucks! Freddy has the grownup! Now we'll never be able to kill him!" Bonnie groaned with a slight Southern twinge.

"Bonnie, they took all our spare suits away. I don't know how we can kill him anymore." Chica responded in a girly voice edged with cynicism.

"That won't be a problem, lass!" Foxy sneered devilishly. "I'll just bite his head off!"

"G-guys, please stop-" Freddy stammered as the other animatronics approached slowly. He squeezed Stella tighter and tighter. When it was clear the others won't stop, Stella heard the bear taking a deep breath.